• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NaNoWriMo 2015!

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, it's that time of the year again! Pumpkins are beginning to smell funny, leaves are dropping, your way to work is taking because of all the fog, and there's that increasing feeling of pressure and panic because that great idea for your novel seems to have disappeared into thin air and there hasn't been a replacement for it in weeks.

You guessed it, NaNoWriMo is lurking outside on your doorstep!

Are any of you guys participating this year? If yes, post your ideas, plans, schedules, just whatever comes to mind. Doing it together and sharing makes it all the more fun, so go ahead and post!

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. Starting tonight with an opening cram session, though.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The only time I have ever done NaNoWriMo was in 2012. I was successful. Never let anyone read the book though. It's embarrassing. :blush:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only time I have ever done NaNoWriMo was in 2012. I was successful. Never let anyone read the book though. It's embarrassing. :blush:

That was also the year [MENTION=8444]Mad Hatter[/MENTION] and I sucessfully finished our novels. The two attempts after that I was too ambitious (historical setting and complex intellectual theme with a mystery plot holding it all together) and quickly gave up.

This year I have been doubting between several options until the last minute. It's still half a day until midnight, but the newest idea is to write a children's book for my baby daughter to read to her when she is a few years older. November is NaNoWriMo, december is editing month and in january she'll turn one. So the plan is to make this her first ever birthday gift!

Not sure what it'll be about though. Probably a pirate girl and her pet monkey having all sorts of adventures.:)

The advantage is that a) anything goes: pirates, vampires, explosions, flying carpets, missing twins and Dickensian conspiracies...bring it on! ... and b) I have a very specific target audience to keep in mind.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i might do this is actually have a novel idea written down, so perhaps. i dunno i've said i would in the past but never followed through. of course november for me is always hella busy my birthday thanksgiving everyone playing catch up for finals me realizing shit i need to bring my grades up blah blah blah blah blah

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't think I can actually have the discipline to finish this, but I will try to finish it this time :D

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I thought about it, but realised it's Fallout 4 month and would have zero hope of finishing.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm on more or less 13k already. The sooner I write 50k, the better. I can edit it later eh?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
WHAT. How did I not know about this until today? I've been struggling with putting this story into words so this is perfect! THANK YOU MAD HATTER. :hug:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, already behind. Let's see what I'm capable of this weekend.

I thought about it, but realised it's Fallout 4 month and would have zero hope of finishing.
This would be a good reward for finishing. December will be the most busy month of work for me, so I could use a game to come home to with a side of wine and editing (which I like way, way more than writing a first).

Sil

This is a test.
Alas, it's not happening this year. I've already made commitments for this month and I need to see those through first.