• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Akira (live action?)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting noise on this front.
Christopher Nolan Akira Trilogy in the Works at Warner Bros.?

I'm not as much a fan of the cycling segments of the story (although if done well, they would be cool); but I was really in love with the whole mutant/experimentation plotline involving Tetsuo, the kid test subjects (the Espers), and Akira himself. I didn't read the original manga pub, but I have almost the whole run of the Epic/Marvel release. I would have been reading that around the time I was in college or shortly after, and it was one of the coolest things I'd seen in comics at that time.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nice. I own the manga and have been keeping an eye on this for a while. Any news will naturally be hard to believe until it makes it out of development hell, but I like the idea of Nolan being involved.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A live-action version would be amazing, and I'm fairly confident that Nolan would do a good job.

I just thought of something. Can you imagine what a live-action version of Tetsuo's mutation would look like? The very thought of it made me make this sound:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just thought of something. Can you imagine what a live-action version of Tetsuo's mutation would look like? The very thought of it made me make this sound:

Oh god, that would be so easy to mess up in live action. :mellow:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last time I was this excited was when the plans for Keanu Reeves playing Spike from Cowboy Bebop fell through.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, but the anime is perfect as it is. Why do we need this?

Why can't Hollywood come up with their own shit.