• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I still hate them! Logic be damned! :D *thumbs nose at Giguere* I hated his haircut too! Boo! Anything about the Disney franchise putting their stamp on the Cup... it bothers me. Corporate sponsors I get. Like the Wings are synonymous with Little Caesar's due to the owner. But Disney? Whole other realm.

I believe Luongo had the giant pads too. He's not a small man either. It was like two car seats strapped to his legs. lol

Disney sold their interest in the team before they won the Cup. That's one of the reasons they changed from "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim" to just "Anaheim Ducks." Henry Samueli is the current owner.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank goodness for that - the uniform colors were hideous.

MBTI Type
INTJ
And the refs absolutely stole Game 2 with that call on Carter that tied it with 4 minutes to go. If anything, Staal should have been called for holding the stick. The Flyers should be playing to clinch the series at home tomorrow. We still need to make some adjustments in the offseason. I'd like to see Lupul, Jones, and Biron out, and JVR, Sbisa, and maybe Josh Harding from the Wild in. Tuukka Rask from Boston may be an option, but he has one year left before he hits RFA status.

I'll agree with all of this except Biron. I think Philly fans are conditioned to complain about goaltending. Marty has played well in the playoffs, and I say this as someone who is a big Niittymaki fan. Lupul makes me think twice sometimes, but he never does more than tease. I still think the last piece is a Sergei Gonchar-type on D.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Thank goodness for that - the uniform colors were hideous.

Blasphemy! I miss their old logo:

Mighty-Ducks-logo.jpg

Also, since when does the term "Ducks" ever sound slightly cool in any way, shape or form, on its own? "Mighty Ducks" almost fools me into believing ducks could be cool. The current black and gold is pretty prestigious though...

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'll agree with all of this except Biron. I think Philly fans are conditioned to complain about goaltending. Marty has played well in the playoffs, and I say this as someone who is a big Niittymaki fan. Lupul makes me think twice sometimes, but he never does more than tease. I still think the last piece is a Sergei Gonchar-type on D.

I wouldn't want Nitty to be a #1 goalie ever again. His hip is apparently shot. I don't think we really need a Gonchar type guy (although one would be nice). We could use more scoring from our D, but it's not surprising that they score few goals with the amazing amount of offensive talent we have. I think Sbisa will mature into a very good puck-moving defenseman. I'd love a new coach with a new system. I know Stevens is popular, but I have NEVER seen a team make so many D-to-D passes and get caught in their own zone in my life. A strong forecheck totally throws them off. They often make more passes in the defensive zone than they do through the neutral zone and into the offensive zone. How can your d-men pass it back and forth 3-4 times, only to pass to the red line and have a forward dump and chase? That is assbackward. One of Jones and Carle should go. I think we need a long-term solution in net, too. I do not want to keep making the playoffs every year and going out in the 1st or 2nd round. This team has gobs of talent, and they need to win at least one Cup in the next 5 years.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
What a game (game 5) between San Jose and Anaheim! Both teams gave it every thing. SJ was up 2-0, playing at home, going into the third period and then within the span of about 5 minutes Anaheim comes back to tie it up. The game went into OT and the Sharks managed to score one a few minutes into it, putting the series at 3-2, Anaheim in the lead. Game 6 is in Anaheim and SJ has a reputation for playing better away from home. If we can take that game and persevere in game 7 at home..... FTW!

Last edited:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Well, it didn't go well for the Flyers, either, but I hope that Holmgren uses this offseason to drop some dead weight and fill the holes. I don't want to see Lupul, Jones, or Biron in Flyers jerseys next year. I want Josh Harding from the Wild in net.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Man, the Wings really got hosed on that quick whistle tonight. I have adopted the Ducks as my Western Conference NHL team, but I hate seeing teams win like that.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The Ducks are really playing impressively. Kind of pisses me off a smidge.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Welp, the Penguins are advancing, having won game 7. I'm pulling for them to take the Stanley.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Welp, the Penguins are advancing, having won game 7. I'm pulling for them to take the Stanley.

GROSS! The Penguins are the most vomit-inducing team left in the league. I am rooting for the Ducks. At least they have balls. Failing that, I'd like to see the Canes or Hawks.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm pulling for the Ducks, too. I like their style of play. In order of who I'd like to see win:

1. Ducks
2. Hurricanes
3. Blackhawks
4. Red Wings
5. Bruins
17. Penguins