• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As much as I enjoy Toronto (give me Kaberle and walk away!!)... they've been bridesmaids for decades. It'll take more than firing Pat Quinn and Paul Maurice and shuffling the management to make this work. Toronto doesn't lack talent, so I find their inability to seal the deal baffling? Perhaps they're in the "stinking awful 1980s Red Wings" phase and will soon see a renaissance.

Detroit action. I'm all hot and bothered now.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Attn: Jen and Lucifer

Toronto and Detroit will be at it tomorrow night. Game is showing on Versus at 7:00pm ET. ;)

San Jose and Anaheim are playing tomorrow as well. Living on the East coast during hockey season bums me out, because I only get to see a handful of Sharks games. The playoffs is really the only time I get to watch. :/

*weeps* I don't have cable. :\ You'll have to tell me how it goes. Right now, I'm keeping tabs on how horrible the Hurricanes are already looking. *sigh*

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Toronto just scored their second goal. A few seconds later Detroit is on the boards. Score: 2-1. 3.5 minutes left in the second period. :coffee:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for the updateration!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^Aww man, this dude is jealous...

Toronto beat Detroit, 3-2.

San Jose trampled Anaheim, 4-1. :cheers:

edit:
Vancouver butchered Calgary, 6-0. lol

Ok, I won't do this every night. NHL.com is right around the corner. :cheese:

Googly_Eyes

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, it's clear that you don't know a lot about the Capitals because Kolzig retired. So, I'll just say that the Capitals have several good young players besides Ovechkin. And after working out some kinks with Sergei Federov last year, he also made a great "old timer" addition to the team.
Kolzig's with the bolts now, actually.

And go Habs. The team hasn't had as much depth as they do now in my lifetime.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Olie has gone to Florida? I wonder what lured him there?

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Kolzig's with the bolts now, actually.

And go Habs. The team hasn't had as much depth as they do now in my lifetime.

Oh wow. I didn't realize that. I am pretty sure that he planned on retiring. I guess he changed his mind. I'm glad that the Caps play them a lot, so I can see how he's doing.

Actually, I'd like to have him back on the team at this point. Theodore has been terrrrrrrrible thus far. It's always bad when you get pulled in the second period of the first game of the season. He seems completely disoriented.

A good goalie, and I think the Caps would be an excellent team.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
The Flyers just traded Ned Lukacevic and a conditional pick for Andrew Alberts from the Boston Bruins. Another 3rd pairing defenseman to help us out until Randy Jones gets back around Thanksgiving (18-year-old Luca Sbisa looks pretty good, but they have to send him back to Lethbridge after 9 games, or this counts as a year toward free agency for him). Looks like it will be:

Timonen-Vaananen
Coburn-Eminger
Sbisa-Alberts
Kukkonen

for the next few games, then Kukkonen takes Sbisa's spot on the 3rd pairing. Not great, but we gave up very little for a serviceable guy.

Googly_Eyes

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh wow. I didn't realize that. I am pretty sure that he planned on retiring. I guess he changed his mind. I'm glad that the Caps play them a lot, so I can see how he's doing.
He probably did plan on retiring. I'm surprised he even changed teams. He always said he didn't want to move because of his son's autism.

Actually, I'd like to have him back on the team at this point. Theodore has been terrrrrrrrible thus far. It's always bad when you get pulled in the second period of the first game of the season. He seems completely disoriented.

A good goalie, and I think the Caps would be an excellent team.
Maybe McPhee can land another "former" Habs goalie: Halak. Not sure the Caps have anyone who's both of interest to the Habs and touchable though.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The Sharks 4-0 start has got me pleased. Besides playing Columbus last night, its been all inter division play, so its too early to see where they stack up, but still, 4-0... :cheers:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
The Flyers have started out 0-2-1. They need to beat someone, and fast. We are already 9 points back of the Rangers, and we've only played 3 games.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Rangers are hot this season. Definite contenders for the cup. Isn't that Philly/SJS game this Saturday?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Oh snap, I just read that this is the FIRST time in Sharks franchise history being 4-0 and I expect a continuation of the winning streak over the next several games: Anaheim who we already beat, hopefully we can nab two wins against Philly and then Florida and Tampa Bay are most likely going to batter. From there it's Pittsburgh and Detroit. :/

And yeah Merc, I was browsing over the schedule the other day and saw that Philly and SJS were playing this Sat. They are in San Jose and then again Wed. in Philly.

Condor

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yeah, <== from Chicago...
Yeah, <== Blackhawk fan...

And save the obivous - I know they aren't going to go much of anywhere anytime soon. But, this season will will go down in memory now that the Wirtz the Younger is running the show. For the first time since I've been following them (since the 70's) .....

Blackhawk home games are on tv.

Is there any other city that doesn't televise their homegames at all? The team is finally starting to spend money. It will take time, but at least now it will be fun to watch.

(Of course, it seems like half the team isn't old enough to vote yet, but it's a start...)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Is there any other city that doesn't televise their homegames at all? The team is finally starting to spend money. It will take time, but at least now it will be fun to watch.

(Of course, it seems like half the team isn't old enough to vote yet, but it's a start...)

Sadly, Chicago was the only city like that, and would have remained so as long as old Bill Wirtz was alive. He never understood that putting games on TV was a way to attract new fans and keep them. He always thought he was giving away his product for free. It's good to be a Hawks fan right now...games on TV and two young superstars in waiting!