• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm a little afraid of the Pens doing big things this season. Hesitant and undecided to establish the bet I used last season with one of my good friends who lives in Pittsburgh. His team takes the cup - I buy him a jersey/Sharks manage to take a Stanley - he buys me a jersey.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a little afraid of the Pens doing big things this season. Hesitant and undecided to establish the bet I used last season with one of my good friends who lives in Pittsburgh. His team takes the cup - I buy him a jersey/Sharks manage to take a Stanley - he buys me a jersey.

Well, with Staal as an addition, they're getting to be a deep team. I think they're going to be trouble.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
They would have to have enough talent to win. Somehow I doubt Dallas will make it out of the semi final round - they run out of gas. Though having Sean Avery might help their chances.

The Stars have a solid roster. Morrow is a beast, Stars vet Mike Modano and then there's Turco who really showed his grit in the playoffs this last season but I don't think they'll advance past the semis either. I'm hoping at least. SCREW THE STARZZZZZZ.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I really don't think so, they don't have wilson no more.

We do...

That's where the Sharks went right and the Leafs went... Well, they aren't going anywhere. They'll most likely remain at the bottom of the barrel.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
With the team Toronto has set up it can only go 2 ways.

They could explode, and make it into the playoffs and have an overall good year.

Or they could implode, with no real leadership and alot of young players it could be a revamping year.

It is always hard to judge a team like Toronto's.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Maybe so, but dude, Ron Wilson isn't necessarily a good thing for any team.

But hey, I'll be sportsmanlike and say "good luck."

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yay, hockey talk!

Pittsburgh: The favorite, despite their significant free agent losses.
Dallas: Serious contender. Turco has erased the doubts about his playoff bonafides.
Detroit: As always, they'll be there. But how long can they defy age?
San Jose: Chokers until proven otherwise.
Washington: Good and on the rise, but who's stopping the puck? Fatal flaw.
Ottawa: See San Jose.
NYR: Actually, a lot more solid than many of these names.
Toronto: Whatever drug you're on, I want some.
Anaheim: Range of possibilities is endless. Neither winning the Cup or missing the playoffs would be a surprise.
Montreal: Skilled, but no heart and susceptible to an early exit.
Philadelphia: My team, so I hesitate to guess. That said, my guess is a deep run that comes up short.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
The Flyers lost their preseason game against the Phantoms (their AHL affiliate). I think this is a very good omen.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Attn: Jen and Lucifer

Toronto and Detroit will be at it tomorrow night. Game is showing on Versus at 7:00pm ET. ;)

San Jose and Anaheim are playing tomorrow as well. Living on the East coast during hockey season bums me out, because I only get to see a handful of Sharks games. The playoffs is really the only time I get to watch. :/

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
My God... Is that common to happen?

Yes, that has happened in the past. Our starting goaltender didn't play, nor did a couple of defensemen and one forward. It's a good sign for the medium-term strength of the organization that our AHL affiliate is good, though. It's rare when an NHL team and the affiliate are elite simultaneously, so that is nice. We have a few young guys who could easily be in the NHL, but are in juniors or on the Phantoms because of the depth of the Flyers' talent.