• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think I'd just fly back from L.A. Seriously.

I know what you mean. When the Eagles lost to Tampa in the NFC Championship in the last game at the Vet, I was going to fly home just to watch the Super Bowl with my dad because I was off that week. Sadly, I never got to do it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Poor FMW. Has to talk the foosball because his hockey team is doomerated.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't rooting for the Red Wings sort of like rooting for the sun to come up in the East?

So... Go Blues! (Yeah, Yeah, I know they're not any good anymore :()
I actually began rooting for the Red Wings cause of all the annoying Blues fans I went to school with at Mizzou.

This was before the Red Wings were anything like the Yankees. They had gone four decades without winning the Cup!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They were terrible. When they first acquired Yzerman, they were having to give cars away just to get butts in seats. :D

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They were terrible. When they first acquired Yzerman, they were having to give cars away just to get butts in seats. :D
Most of my hockey knowledge eventually came from playing EA's NHL videogames and annoying Blues fans. Federov and Yzerman on the same line was so much fun!

I did begin to hate the Chicago Blackhawks. I'd spend half the game roaming around with Nicklas Lidström looking to smash Jeremy Roenick's stupid face into the boards.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ahaha! That's the only way Nick would smash anybody into the boards! Too polite! :D

Federov and Yzerman were dynamite. Federov was the first reason I liked the Wings. He was just so calm and calculated, small passive-aggressive smile on his face all the time. I miss the Shanahan, Hull, Federov, Yzerman, Legace days.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
We have video tape of a bench-clearer between the Blues and the Wings. We were taping the game and it just turned into this brawl. Finally, all that was left on the Blues bench were like, four guys, and the Wings bench consisted of Nick Lidstrom, Brett Hull, a European guy, and Steve Yzerman. I was REALLY freaking out because Steve had just had surgery. I kept shouting, 'Don't hit him! He's got bionic knees, you beasts!"

My favorite "Blue" was Big Al Macginnis! :D Mr. Slapshot!

:) - I'm a pretty casual "fan" (I use the term loosely), but I did like Al. It was sort of a letdown when he retired, but the strike really hit the Blues hard, and I can see why he felt that it was a good time to call it a career. Back when he was here, I also liked Brendan Shanahan, before he defected to... oh, wait... sigh. I still see folks around here with Shanahan jerseys every now and then. Give me either over Brett Hull (who also eventually defected to... si... oh, wait, I can live with that one :D)

I actually began rooting for the Red Wings cause of all the annoying Blues fans I went to school with at Mizzou.
Heh - I'm a St. Louis transplant from Idaho (where they didn't really have any hockey when I grew up, believe it or not), so I didn't really get any of the annoying Blues fan treatment from anyone - they're really my only real exposure to live hockey. I was lucky enough to get to go to a game the first year I lived here in the "old arena" - which was quite literally a cow barn (they used to hold cattle sales shows there, back in the... well, a long time ago :D). I wound up sitting mostly behind a wooden post, but it was a fun, small-building sort of deal. Other than going to a game once or twice when Mom was in town (she was a big hockey fan when she grew up in Montreal), I don't really get too involved, but I semi-watch them on TV every now and then and watch the standings. The Wings are a bit too successful for me to enjoy rooting for them as an out-of-town team, but at least they're not the Yankees/Red Sox :p.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ummm. Ovechkin is hardly nothing.

I think that I'm finally healed from mental anguish that I endured during last year's playoffs. Let's get it started in here!

*cues Black Eyed Peas*

Go Caps!

Note to George McPhee: "Acquire players who don't fall into their own goalie, thereby causing an empty net."

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're bragging about setting cars on fire but WE have the reputation for being hooligan fans. GRRRRR. NOT FAIR. Especially when turning over cars and setting them on fire in Detroit doesn't necessarily mean a team won a championship. It could just be Tuesday.

Merc, we could do a house swap if one of our teams wins. There's nowhere I'd rather be than Broad Street for a parade :)

Look , I live in NC. I have to put my hooligan leanings somewhere. We're too polite here.

ahaha! That's the only way Nick would smash anybody into the boards! Too polite! :D

Federov and Yzerman were dynamite. Federov was the first reason I liked the Wings. He was just so calm and calculated, small passive-aggressive smile on his face all the time. I miss the Shanahan, Hull, Federov, Yzerman, Legace days.

I miss Captain Steve. I think Nick Lidstrom is a wonderful man, but Steve really had the star power.

Ummm. Ovechkin is hardly nothing.

I think that I'm finally healed from mental anguish that I endured during last year's playoffs. Let's get it started in here!

*cues Black Eyed Peas*

Go Caps!

Ovechkin and Kolzig do not a team make.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I love watching hockey. Too bad in my city it's not cold enough to have an ice stadium working for a good part of the season. My gf lives 30 miles away near the mountains, and there during the winter it's cool enough to let the ice stadium be, so sometimes I go watching hockey matches there, it's fantastic. I'd like to play, but I'd have to learn ice skating well before.

Teemu Selanne has always been my favorite player.

Usehername

On a mission
WPG%20logo.jpg

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Ovechkin and Kolzig do not a team make.

Well, it's clear that you don't know a lot about the Capitals because Kolzig retired. So, I'll just say that the Capitals have several good young players besides Ovechkin. And after working out some kinks with Sergei Federov last year, he also made a great "old timer" addition to the team.

Maybe you should just stick to Red Wings hockey news. . . as that's what everyone seems to do.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Usehername: so you're one of them, eh? Funny how the game goes where the money is rather than where the right weather is...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Federov has been a ghost since he left Detroit.

I didn't know Olie had retired! Hmm. Too bad! One of my favorite goalies (and pretty to boot.) I can imagine raising an autistic child gets more complicated when they get older.

FDG: Teemu is the gentlemanliest guy! And how does he stay so tan looking all year round? :D

Usehername: I have a picture of Barry Melrose in his Jets jersey from way back! haha!

MBTI Type
INTJ
So, I'll just say that the Capitals have several good young players besides Ovechkin.

Agreed. Mike Green scared the shit out of me in the playoffs last year. I think he's going to be a perennial All-Star. Backstrom, Laich and Semin are good young players too. They have a nice young team, but I'm afraid I don't think they'll be going anywhere until they get a competent goaltender. I wouldn't trust Jose Theodore as far as I can throw him.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Theodore is inconsistent. He has flashes of brilliance and then turns into Swiss cheese. Losing Olie would make me frantic.

Carolina has had a goaltender problem for years until Cam Ward. I always wished Rutherford would lure Marty Brodeur away from Jersey, but no dice.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Federov has been a ghost since he left Detroit.

I didn't know Olie had retired! Hmm. Too bad! One of my favorite goalies (and pretty to boot.) I can imagine raising an autistic child gets more complicated when they get older.

FDG: Teemu is the gentlemanliest guy! And how does he stay so tan looking all year round? :D

Usehername: I have a picture of Barry Melrose in his Jets jersey from way back! haha!

I believe Teemu lives right on the beach in Corona Del Mar most of the year, so I am not surprised he'd have a nice tan.