• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought it might be time to start a hockey thread as the season is gearing up, and with all the recent trades.

FMW - the Flyers are going DOOOOWNN!

So get your sad weeping out of the way now.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I thought it might be time to start a hockey thread as the season is gearing up, and with all the recent trades.

I'll save my weeping for the end of the season as usual, thank you very much!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Hockey :wubbie:. LJ for making this thread :wubbie:.

Go Sharks! Let's see what the boys can do under the new lead of Detroit's former assistant coach.

(I'll be back in this thread when I'm not using my phone to lurk. Bored at the laundromat :/)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Go Wings! Crush Kel and Haight! hahaha! :D

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Go Wings! Crush Kel and Haight! hahaha! :D

History is on the side of the (not-so) mighty Blues!

All time Blues vs. Red Wings

The good guys are 98-92-37-1 against the Wings :D.

(But don't look too close at those stats... The Wings *have* won the season series all but twice since 1990, and just ignore those points standings for the last few seasons... clearly a misleading aberration, right? Right?)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Go Phone Company! Yaaaaaay!! :D

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I haven't payed attention to hockey since 1996.

Go panthers!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
History is on the side of the (not-so) mighty Blues!

All time Blues vs. Red Wings

The good guys are 98-92-37-1 against the Wings :D.

(But don't look too close at those stats... The Wings *have* won the season series all but twice since 1990, and just ignore those points standings for the last few seasons... clearly a misleading aberration, right? Right?)

We have video tape of a bench-clearer between the Blues and the Wings. We were taping the game and it just turned into this brawl. Finally, all that was left on the Blues bench were like, four guys, and the Wings bench consisted of Nick Lidstrom, Brett Hull, a European guy, and Steve Yzerman. I was REALLY freaking out because Steve had just had surgery. I kept shouting, 'Don't hit him! He's got bionic knees, you beasts!"

My favorite "Blue" was Big Al Macginnis! :D Mr. Slapshot!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I haven't payed attention to hockey since 1996.

Go panthers!

EWWWW. The 1995-96 Panthers played perhaps the ugliest brand of hockey of any Stanley Cup-appearing team I've ever seen. If they didn't beat the Flyers, we would have had one of the all-time great NHL playoffs: Legion of Doom Flyers vs. Lemieux's Penguins for the East, and winningest-regular season team ever Red Wings (look at that lineup!) vs. eventual Cup champs Avalanche in the West.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ

You're just jealous because the Flyers are the one team that is deeper at forward than the Wings. Look at our conceivable forward corps for opening day:

Gagne-Briere-Hartnell
Knuble-Richards-Lupul
Upshall-Carter-Giroux
Cote-Metropolit-Asham
Downie (Dowd?)

That is three 1st/2nd lines, and a very good 4th line.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're just jealous because the Flyers are the one team that is deeper at forward than the Wings. Look at our conceivable forward corps for opening day:

Gagne-Briere-Hartnell
Knuble-Richards-Lupul
Upshall-Carter-Giroux
Cote-Metropolit-Asham
Downie (Dowd?)

That is three 1st/2nd lines, and a very good 4th line.

SUPER! We have a know-it-all in here! :D Well, bring it, mister. You and FMW can huddle together for protection from our massive Detroit army! Plus, we'll be sure to have turned your vehicles over in the parking lot and set them on fire.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
SUPER! We have a know-it-all in here! :D Well, bring it, mister. You and FMW can huddle together for protection from our massive Detroit army! Plus, we'll be sure to have turned your vehicles over in the parking lot and set them on fire.

I'm from Philadelphia. I'll burn my own vehicle, thank you very much. I am almost happy to be leaving town, because it will be a shit show when we finally win another world championship in any sport.

MBTI Type
INTJ

You're bragging about setting cars on fire but WE have the reputation for being hooligan fans. GRRRRR. NOT FAIR. Especially when turning over cars and setting them on fire in Detroit doesn't necessarily mean a team won a championship. It could just be Tuesday.

Merc, we could do a house swap if one of our teams wins. There's nowhere I'd rather be than Broad Street for a parade :)

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
You're bragging about setting cars on fire but WE have the reputation for being hooligan fans. GRRRRR. NOT FAIR. Especially when turning over cars and setting them on fire in Detroit doesn't necessarily mean a team won a championship. It could just be Tuesday.

Merc, we could do a house swap if one of our teams wins. There's nowhere I'd rather be than Broad Street for a parade :)

I think I'd just fly back from L.A. Seriously.