• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Losing on home ice was indeed quite the face slap. Quite the face slap.

Now I have the horror of knowing Brooks Orpik's name is on the Stanley Cup.

DennisThePenetrator

MBTI Type
INTP
First of all, he is a notorious diver. He was not as bad about it this past season, but that is off-putting.

I can't believe people are still saying this. Stop creating a myth so you can continue your hate. There are hundreds of players who dive more frequently than Crosby.

Secondly, he (and Pittsburgh in general) really benefit from the officiating. Their advantage in power plays is totally inexplicable at times. Game 2 vs. the Flyers was basically handed to the Penguins. The Flyers were up 2-1 with under five minutes to go, and Carter was called for a hooking penalty when Jordan Staal was actually tying his stick up. The Pens score, force OT, then win to go up 2-0 in the series. I am not saying there is a conspiracy, but the Pens benefit from both the "new NHL" rules and inconsistent officiating more than other teams in the league.

How the hell do you come to such a conclusion? Do you watch your hated Pens on a regular basis to know that or what? And if it's not a conspiracy then what are you trying to say? The fact is Pittsburgh was one of the most disciplined teams since the arrival of Bylsma and carried it to the playoffs. If you want to talk about missed calls, how about the most obvious one of the post-season when Ovechkin took out Gonchar's knee?

Also, Crosby is SO bland a personality. He never says anything memorable, he has a weird smirk on his face most of the time, he wears the ratty middle-school moustache because he can't grow a playoff beard, and he still lives with Mario Lemieux. He's like the hockey version of the creepy villain chess kid in Searching for Bobby Fischer who doesn't go to school or have friends.

WHO CARES? 95% of athletes in every sport are boring as fuck. Crosby's a hockey player. I could care less what he has to say off the ice. I guarantee your favorite players are just as boring as him.

Lastly, I don't like how Crosby-centric the league and its marketing are. With the media blitz, you'd think he was the greatest player in 20 years. He's not the best center on his own team! Malkin is more talented than he is.

Ugh... if Malkin wasn't so complacent he might be in the same league as Crosby. I'm not denying his talent, but Crosby has more, and can play in more situations, and control games better.

Ovechkin is more dynamic and scores more goals. Datsyuk is a better two-way player. Richards is a better captain.

lol Iginla and Lidstrom would be better choices than Richards... As for the rest, I agree. They SHOULD be promoted more, but to hate Crosby because he gets more air time shows what a bitter and sensitive idiot you are.

Also, having the commissioner of the league call one of your teams "a model franchise" for having lost consistently for years, nearly leaving their city, and racking up top draft picks all the while is just offensive. I hope that he never wins a Cup in his career.

Another example of hating him for something he neither did nor say.

When Pittsburgh won I couldn't help but think of all the hilarious Crosby haters like yourself, and how they probably not only turned off the TV but went overboard and shed their anger on the screen, their walls, maybe wives.

alg_crosby-penguins.jpg

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I can't believe people are still saying this. Stop creating a myth so you can continue your hate. There are hundreds of players who dive more frequently than Crosby.

No, there aren't. I can think of two off the top of my head: Sean Avery and Alexei Kovalev. Forsberg was very bad as an Av.

Want some video proof?

[YOUTUBE=9QN4J6U_CuA]Crosby Dive montage[/YOUTUBE]

How the hell do you come to such a conclusion? Do you watch your hated Pens on a regular basis to know that or what? And if it's not a conspiracy then what are you trying to say? The fact is Pittsburgh was one of the most disciplined teams since the arrival of Bylsma and carried it to the playoffs. If you want to talk about missed calls, how about the most obvious one of the post-season when Ovechkin took out Gonchar's knee?

By watching the games. I watched every Pens-Flyers game during the season and postseason, every ECF and SCF game, and at least 5 Pens regular season games against other teams. Ovechkin gets away with some shit, too (he has had some major dives in the postseason the last two years), but we're not talking about him in this regard.

WHO CARES? 95% of athletes in every sport are boring as fuck. Crosby's a hockey player. I could care less what he has to say off the ice. I guarantee your favorite players are just as boring as him.

I guarantee that you're wrong, and none of my favorite players are marketed nearly as aggressively. It only makes sense to like someone more or less based on his or her personality. You don't just look at stats. If you did, Barry Bonds would be the most likable baseball player ever. Is he? I don't think so. I think you are in denial that Crosby is pretty easy to dislike.

Ugh... if Malkin wasn't so complacent he might be in the same league as Crosby. I'm not denying his talent, but Crosby has more, and can play in more situations, and control games better.

Malkin won the Penguins' team MVP, the Art Ross, and the Conn Smythe. You could make a good argument that he deserved the Lester B. Pearson, too. He's just better than Crosby right now. Arguably the best hockey player in the world.

lol Iginla and Lidstrom would be better choices than Richards... As for the rest, I agree. They SHOULD be promoted more, but to hate Crosby because he gets more air time shows what a bitter and sensitive idiot you are.

That isn't Crosby's fault, but the amount of attention he receives magnifies his negative attributes.

Another example of hating him for something he neither did nor say.

See above.

When Pittsburgh won I couldn't help but think of all the hilarious Crosby haters like yourself, and how they probably not only turned off the TV but went overboard and shed their anger on the screen, their walls, maybe wives.

I watched every minute of every Stanley Cup Final game, as I do every year.

sidney-crosby-sleeps-with-the-stanley-cup.jpg

That's Sid in bed with the Cup. In his bedroom, which is in Mario Lemieux's house. That (and the possibility that Mario took that picture) is fucking creepy.

cindy1.png

They just won the Stanley Cup, and not ONE chick in that hot tub. Sad.

DennisThePenetrator

MBTI Type
INTP
Want some video proof?

You've got to be kidding me. NONE of those are dives. The play at :52 even sprained his ankle for fucks sake. Half of those were just hits. Stop being an idiot.

By watching the games. I watched every Pens-Flyers game during the season and postseason, every ECF and SCF game, and at least 5 Pens regular season games against other teams. Ovechkin gets away with some shit, too (he has had some major dives in the postseason the last two years), but we're not talking about him in this regard.

You said that Pittsburgh benefits from the officiating but it's not a conspiracy or anything. What your point then? There's no bias. Complaining about reffing is just a last resort for fans. And just throwing it out there... Detroit had 47 PIM in the final while Pittsburgh had 95.

I guarantee that you're wrong, and none of my favorite players are marketed nearly as aggressively. It only makes sense to like someone more or less based on his or her personality. You don't just look at stats. If you did, Barry Bonds would be the most likable baseball player ever. Is he? I don't think so. I think you are in denial that Crosby is pretty easy to dislike.

When did I say that stars should be liked because of their stats? Obviously people are drawn to personality but almost every athlete is boring as hell. Hating Crosby because of his personality (modest and humble ISTP) is retarded and is the equivalent to hating the other 95% of athletes because they're boring too. The conclusions you reach to why Crosby is easily hated are way off base, illogical, and come off as sensitive and bitter. It's no surprise you're a Flyers fan.

Malkin won the Penguins' team MVP, the Art Ross, and the Conn Smythe. You could make a good argument that he deserved the Lester B. Pearson, too. He's just better than Crosby right now. Arguably the best hockey player in the world.

He also played more games and the Conn Smythe was questionable (I'm not saying Crosby was deserving). He was invisible for a lot of the Washington series and even some of the first round. Again he's complacent. He also dives and complains more than Crosby ;)

That isn't Crosby's fault, but the amount of attention he receives magnifies his negative attributes.

The conclusions you reach to why Crosby is easily hated are way off base, illogical, and come off as sensitive and bitter. It's no surprise you're a Flyers fan.

That's Sid in bed with the Cup. In his bedroom, which is in Mario Lemieux's house. That (and the possibility that Mario took that picture) is fucking creepy.

They just won the Stanley Cup, and not ONE chick in that hot tub. Sad.

lol I'm surprised how far you'll go to hate the kid. Wait, no I'm not--you're a Flyers fan. Who the fuck cares where he lives? Who the fuck cares who he celebrates with? Talbot once stated in an interview that Crosby kicked him out of their hotel room because he was coming in with twins.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
You've got to be kidding me. NONE of those are dives. The play at :52 even sprained his ankle for fucks sake. Half of those were just hits. Stop being an idiot.

You either blind or the biggest homer in the world. Look at the goddamn faceoff at :42. He went down like he was shot.

You said that Pittsburgh benefits from the officiating but it's not a conspiracy or anything. What your point then? There's no bias. Complaining about reffing is just a last resort for fans. And just throwing it out there... Detroit had 47 PIM in the final while Pittsburgh had 95.

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's a matter of star players getting favorable calls. You think that the call against Jeff Carter that cost the Flyers Game 2 was legitimate? Fans of 29 teams would disagree. Also, Malkin was the only Pen who was called consistently during the playoffs (51 PIM). Crosby had 14 in 24 games.

When did I say that stars should be liked because of their stats? Obviously people are drawn to personality but almost every athlete is boring as hell. Hating Crosby because of his personality (modest and humble ISTP) is retarded and is the equivalent to hating the other 95% of athletes because they're boring too. The conclusions you reach to why Crosby is easily hated are way off base, illogical, and come off as sensitive and bitter. It's no surprise you're a Flyers fan.

No, it isn't. Many athletes are interesting people. I can think of several hockey players off the top of my head. Ovechkin, Roenick, Craig Conroy, Marty Biron, Anson Carter. There are plenty of funny characters in the league. Even some blowhards and weirdos like Brett Hull and Sean Avery are at least fun.

He also played more games and the Conn Smythe was questionable (I'm not saying Crosby was deserving). He was invisible for a lot of the Washington series and even some of the first round. Again he's complacent. He also dives and complains more than Crosby ;)

I won't call out Crosby too much for jawing with the refs. He's the captain, and they have leeway to do it. I don't like whining for penalties in general, but it's part of the game. Malkin does NOT dive more than Crosby, though. And Malkin and Crosby both played in all 24 games, though Crosby missed significant time.

2009 Stanley Cup playoffs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The conclusions you reach to why Crosby is easily hated are way off base, illogical, and come off as sensitive and bitter. It's no surprise you're a Flyers fan.

No, they aren't. They are very legitimate. He's not a particularly likable guy in personality, and he does some things on-ice that are very easy to criticize. Stop being a fanboy.

lol I'm surprised how far you'll go to hate the kid. Wait, no I'm not--you're a Flyers fan. Who the fuck cares where he lives? Who the fuck cares who he celebrates with? Talbot once stated in an interview that Crosby kicked him out of their hotel room because he was coming in with twins.

It's just plain weird that he has been in the league for four seasons and still lives with Mario Lemieux. I will make fun of him for that. He's not in major juniors, and his boss is not a billet family. And I'd like to see that interview. I've seen that Talbot rumor floating around on the online hockey boards, and it's always "My buddy told me."

DennisThePenetrator

MBTI Type
INTP
You either blind or the biggest homer in the world. Look at the goddamn faceoff at :42. He went down like he was shot.

That goddamn faceoff was back in '06 when Lapierre butt-ended him with his stick. Of course on a homer Flyer's video it doesn't show the proper angle. I can't believe you're calling ME blind. The video just shows two hits, a spear, a slash, and then Crosby losing balance thus spraining his ankle. Look at :57. What is that? All that happened was him drawing a hooking penalty and getting back up right away. Not a bad race to the puck...

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's a matter of star players getting favorable calls. You think that the call against Jeff Carter that cost the Flyers Game 2 was legitimate? Fans of 29 teams would disagree. Also, Malkin was the only Pen who was called consistently during the playoffs (51 PIM). Crosby had 14 in 24 games.

What are you talking about? All that means is that Crosby was more disciplined. I watched every game (I'm not even a Pens fan) and yes it was a blown call on Carter. I admit that because it's the truth. But how does that relate to favorable calls for star players? Bad calls do happen sometimes and not just to Pittsburgh's opposition.

No, it isn't. Many athletes are interesting people. I can think of several hockey players off the top of my head. Ovechkin, Roenick, Craig Conroy, Marty Biron, Anson Carter. There are plenty of funny characters in the league. Even some blowhards and weirdos like Brett Hull and Sean Avery are at least fun.

Many athletes? In comparison to how many stale personalities there are in hockey, I would say maybe 2-3% of players are interesting. If you're arguing on the basis that your favorite players have to have a good personality and include "blowhards" like Brett Hull and Sean Avery, shouldn't that make you hate them? And Biron isn't interesting. Just because he has alien eyes and can tell stories of high school humor doesn't make it so.

No, they aren't. They are very legitimate. He's not a particularly likable guy in personality, and he does some things on-ice that are very easy to criticize. Stop being a fanboy.

All I'm doing is sticking up for the most over-ridiculed athlete in sports. Stop being a fanboy? Stop being a blatant homer Flyer's fanboy.

It's just plain weird that he has been in the league for four seasons and still lives with Mario Lemieux. I will make fun of him for that. He's not in major juniors, and his boss is not a billet family. And I'd like to see that interview. I've seen that Talbot rumor floating around on the online hockey boards, and it's always "My buddy told me."

lol I'm pretty sure he doesn't need anyone's advice on how to live. He's a millionaire living with a good friend. Just because he's not living how society expects him to as a grown man doesn't mean what he's doing is wrong. Who are you to know what's best for him?

Chris Pronger has an elbow lined up for Crosby already.

And by your theory (which I agree on) that star players get favorable calls, he might be suspended for 2-3 games max. You're lucky... wait no you're not, you still don't have a goalie.

Last edited:

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
blablabla

crosby is true champion, destroyed ovechkin on his own