• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Warhammer Online

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Hells yeah!

I play on playing an Arch Mage on a Core server with my INTP friend. I had a lot of fun in DAOC, so I'm quite stoked to play WAR.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
why core?

I haven't decided on a class yet.

I was going to go archmage but I'm not really a fan of how they made them look.

I might go engineer just so that I can smoke a pipe.

if not engineer then I'm thinking swordmaster.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
My intp friend posts on a gaming forum and they already have a guild all set up. I don't particularly have a strong leaning for either core or open, just as long as I can play with him and my friends. And from what I've heard from the core rule set, it's not like there's a significant decrease in pvp. Anyways, he plans on playing a swordmaster so we can at least duo pretty well. From what he has said about the engineer, it's a blast to play.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm very excited!

Downloading the (9.2gb) client now from direct2drive and plan on playing the head start this upcoming Tuesday. I think I'm going to play a White Lion instead of an Archmage.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
OK, I lack the drive to look this up. Is it a MMORPG or a strategy game (Like WH40K)?

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Are there any MMORPGs that are free to play?

Your question seems better suited for a new thread topic. Just sayin'

I'm enjoying this game a whole lot. Leveling through RvRing (realm vs. realm), general questing, and public questing has been very smooth so far. I put in about five hours today and got both level 7 (out of 40) & Realm Rank 7 (out of 80). I've encountered more bugs in PvE areas rather than RvR areas - which is 'good', since the game is about RvR'ing. I'm really glad I chose my class; hardly anyone plays it and has a lot of potential for AoE dps madness :D. If you tire of WoW pvp, I'd give this game a shot. It's a helluva lot of fun to play.

Tip: If you want to wait in a queue to actually play the game and wait even longer to go into an RvR scenario, play the Destruction side. Currently, there is only one server where Order has more players than Destruction. Plus, on average, more maturer players play on Order.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm currently level 23 almost 24 now, Realm Rank 19 breaking in game 2days played. The pace of leveling has significantly decreased, especially quest experience. Albeit, it's been a few weeks out since release, but I hope Mythic scales quest experience post Tier 2 (levels 22+) like they did in the earlier Tiers. My guild leader, who is level 32, calculated that from all the quests in a town he could do, it wouldn't even yield him a percent of overall exp. Quest experience seems to cap at 3200exp.

Some other concerns I foresee lie with Scenarios and Public Quests, regarding population. What happens to newbies once everyone makes it up to Tier Four?

My class, White Lion, is one of the least underplayed / underpowered but I'm still having a great time with him. I think some love will eventually come my way but I hope they fix Squig Herders and Magus' pronto. They're even worse off than me.

Overall, I will subscribe for at least another month. It's a fun game, especially with guild groups.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I wonder if I am the only person who plays this game here...

Anyways, there are too many servers for such a small population size. As my friend pointed out, WAR is on the edge of being a 1million+ Wrath of the Lich King contender or a 250k niche game. At the moment, it seems as if the latter will occur due to issues within the game. At this point in the game, if you want to have solid action PvE, public quests, Scenario RvR and Open RvR, a large server is essential. That's why Mythic has allowed smaller population servers to transfer their characters to higher populated ones. My server, Ulthuan, barely made the cut off. No one can transfer to it nor can anyone transfer off of it. Factor that in with the already inherent Destruction to Order population ratio, it's a dead server now.

So I've rerolled onto Skull Throne. It's one of the most populated servers and I've decided to roll destruction this time around. I'm playing a Squig Herder and overall, I'm having a better time than my white lion. For one, there are actually people playing the game. It's now possible to get gear from public quests and scenario queues pop instantly. I got into a guild my friends made (ex-DAoC players) and hope to pwn order.