• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fear the Walking Dead

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haven't yet bothered to watch it; the buzz is awful. It sounds like they've continued with the fractured storylines (three of them), with time only for two out of three threads per episode, and without any clear goal to reunify the cast (and the characters that seemingly were so committed to each other now seem indifferent to finding each other). The mid-season finale had been pretty weak as well as disappointing. It's unclear what they're trying to accomplish.

Has anyone actually watched the last few episodes?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How does "Fear the Walking Dead" and the "Walking Dead" relate? Are they two completely different shows, or the same? I've been confused about that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How does "Fear the Walking Dead" and the "Walking Dead" relate? Are they two completely different shows, or the same? I've been confused about that.

They are unrelated at this present time.

Fear the Walking Dead starts a month before the outbreaks occurred (which Rick wakes up a few weeks after in TWD), over along the coast in LA, and the series has ventured down into Mexico. So you see people trying to figure out what is happening and the initial reactions, which is stuff that Rick missed because he was asleep.

It's had an interesting divergence in that it deals with zombies and water at times. But there was some hope for something unique to come out of it, and it's not clear what that is right now.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This show has just never gotten the same hype or love as TWD, which is somewhat understandable. I have enjoyed it though, at least as a void-filler in-between seasons of TWD.

Regarding the timeline (this may be spoiler-y for both shows):

I'm not sure how I feel about the change in direction with season 4 (the one I'm currently watching on Hulu). I like the new characters like John Dorie and Althea quite a bit, but not yet sure how I feel about the addition of Morgan. I'm conflicted on the huge time-jump as well. Granted, flashbacks are filling that in a bit. The overall feel is very different from the first 3 seasons. There's a very grey, bleak aesthetic, whereas the first 3 seasons were bright and very "hot" in tone. It really does feel like a different series at this point. Part of me is disappointed with the time jump, and I'd like to have seen them continuing on in TWD's "past", showing the earlier stages of the apocalypse, when survival, rather than rebuilding is the primary priority. Now it feels like they're just trying to make it son of TWD and attempting to repeat notes and beats that have made the other series popular.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I just finished Season 4. It was spotty, at best. Will have to wait for season 5, but so far, it appears like the showrunners are aware it's a sinking ship and are moving toward merging with TWD at some point. Not that I'd mind seeing this happen. John, Alicia, and of course Morgan, would be great additions to TWD.