• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kanye West Murders Bohemian Rhapsody

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mofo didn't invent autotune, that shit's been used for years.
Wasn't Cher the first music artist to use autotune?

Anyway, IMO the only way autotune should ever be used is as a joke.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

She was probably the first to use it in a popular recording.

I'm not against it completely. It's the subtle use of it to hide singers' flaws which bothers me. It's used everywhere from country to rock to R & B.

I'm more interested in it's use as an experimental tool. I believe Radiohead used it a bit on Kid A and Amnesiac.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I listen to music because I enjoy it. I don't care if it was computer generated instrument or voice. It obvious is computer modified, so no one is lieing or deceiving anyone. It's a simple tool to allow those who don't have a voice to be able to sing, more power to those who want to sing, but weren't birthed with a beautiful voice.

I don't know anyone that would say someone who uses auto tune has a better voice then say Mariah Carrey or that the persons range is awesome or inflection is dead on. It's like using CG in movies as opposed to real life things. It's not being passed off as original like photoshopped stuff is.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, the first 55 seconds was alright

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know anyone that would say someone who uses auto tune has a better voice then say Mariah Carrey or that the persons range is awesome or inflection is dead on. It's like using CG in movies as opposed to real life things. It's not being passed off as original like photoshopped stuff is.

Yeah and sometimes people even use it just for the sake of adding a cool sound to their voice. Even MC did it in her classic Eminem diss:

Although I think pop/mainstream music is starting to grow out of the electronic phase that's been building up since the late 90s. Dubstep/EDM's popularity were big for like a year or so and now I think everyone's over it and appreciation for actual physical instrumentals are coming back (like Onerepublic's Counting Stars or Mark Ronson's and Bruno Mars's Uptown Funk - but hey the instrumentals could have been computer generated so who knows).

---

Anyways, I came to this thread cus it was getting a little too negative that looking add it made me physically exhausted. My opinion is more aligned with chickpea's than anyone else even though I used to view Kanye like many other people in this thread still do. But here's Adam Lambert's rendition of BR that more people can probably appreciate. I like it since he's doing his own thing while also paying tribute to Freddie Mercury. In terms of tributes, I'd say it's up there with Jennifer Hudson taking on Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You in her honor after her passing.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I hear, destroy music I thinking that they changed it up so much that it sounds like crap. Have heard r&b songs destroyed by country singers and vice-versa. IMHO, his voice does not match the original, he should have changed it up and made it match his voice better. More like original song destroyed him. Then him destroying original songs.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I hear, destroy music I thinking that they changed it up so much that it sounds like crap. Have heard r&b songs destroyed by country singers and vice-versa. IMHO, his voice does not match the original, he should have changed it up and made it match his voice better. More like original song destroyed him. Then him destroying original songs.

Agreed. I like it when bands and singers make covers their own songs, in a sense

Shatner was never going to be able to pull off an Elton John impression so he just Shatnered his way through Rocket Man

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Kanye brings me so much joy. He's 100% unapologetic and I can't do anything but respect that.

That said, by the first pitch switch he was already committed. Couldn't back down without making it awkward.

Piercie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=23115]BadOctopus[/MENTION] Lana's not an egomaniac... She's overly into her art, but that's not really ego... She's in her own world... Kanye's just fucking with people trying to get in the news and shit... It's hard to believe that it's not all a bad joke and the Kardashians will come out one day being like "haha fuck you guys you actually believed that shit?!" and everyone will be normal... Well maybe not Bruce... That fucker took it all too far... and I laughed for 2 minutes straight at "Thats racist"... That was hilarious... And not trying to defend Lana... She is hot though... No one can deny that... Man I'm all over the place... Anyway

TLDR: Fuck the Kardashians/Kanye... Lana Del Rey is hot. REALLY HOT.

And also @Chanayanay Adam Lambert's version kicks major ass.

That is all.

Chrysanthea

UGhgughUhwugahuhgughughu hfuufww gwt stop it Kanye! Just stop! I guess college dropout was okay but that does not mean that you have been awarded the title of godjesus... stop.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I honestly don't see what's the big deal here..

so what if he sang a Queen song at a concert, he let everyone else sing it too.

You might as well just tell people never to do tributes or covers of songs from the hate that's being received.

And yes... I'm gonna say this too:

I just wouldn't mind if Justin Bieber did the same thing.

... maybe I am just chill AF. :wink:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I honestly don't see what's the big deal here..

so what if he sang a Queen song at a concert, he let everyone else sing it too.

You might as well just tell people never to do tributes or covers of songs from the hate that's being received.

And yes... I'm gonna say this too:

I just wouldn't mind if Justin Bieber did the same thing.

... maybe I am just chill AF. :wink:

The song isn't really the problem. It's the fact that he can't carry a tune unless a computer does it for him and I'm saying this with nothing but love in my heart of hearts.

Now that you mention it, what ever happened to Beeb's singing career? Did his voice change too much or something?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The song isn't really the problem. It's the fact that he can't carry a tune unless a computer does it for him and I'm saying this with nothing but love in my heart of hearts.

Now that you mention it, what ever happened to Beeb's singing career? Did his voice change too much or something?

Meh, if people are still going because of him, I don't think there's need to be an "objective" good time. I personally wouldn't go to a concert of his, but his "not so fine" voice didn't irritate me, probably I don't expect anything out of him, and I know I don't sing well haha. Some people's voices irritate the flying f*** out of me, but I don't diss them because I know it's only my subjective opinion.

J Biebs, good for that guy taking endless crap for just being himself and still standing strong, again I'm not a fan of his, but major respect goes out to him during both phases of his life. He sings for a Jack Ü song, still popular but yet even with his "better" voice people still hate on him just for the sake of the internet. But then again I don't follow the haters of J Biebs so maybe I truly don't know why they hate them so much. But maybe on the surface, they're jealous.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ hey hey hey, don't kill the hate.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now for the sake of objectivity and derailment and for all that is true,

original:

here is the best remix of the song I mentioned:

Last edited:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I heard his rendition was bad and it was. There are some songs that are "off limits" because they've been done so well by another artist, most can't come close to the magnitude of how great it is. Some examples: "All Along The Watchtower" Hendrix version. "Hallelujah" Jeff Buckley version. Oddly, these are remakes but they are iconic. Same with Freddie Mercury. The man's voice was amazing so doing a straight up cover isn't wise.

If you can reinvent the song entirely that is exciting but Kanye didnt. It would have been cool to see him rap to the song or incorporate the feeling of the song in that way. He could have rocked this. Disappointing.