• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rick & Morty

Duffy

Anyone a fan of this show? I had no clue of it's existence til' like a couple months back. It has been a pleasant surprise. A bit of a synopsis for those unfamiliar --

Wikipedia said:
Rick is an eccentric scientist and elderly alcoholic who has recently moved in with his daughter's family. He spends most of his time taking his young grandson Morty and later other family members on dangerous, outlandish adventures throughout the cosmos and alternate universes. Compounded with Morty's already unstable family life, these events cause Morty much distress at home and school.

The show looks like a Back to the Future Parody, but plays out more like a buddy cop misadventure. It's interesting to watch two characters with such contrasting outlooks deal with the dilemmas brought upon by their adventures, especially the more existentially heavy ones. I guess that's what makes such shows like X-Files and True Detective successful. It does a good job of providing social commentary and confronting some of the more darker themes, without looking like a depressive adolescent who just stumbled upon Nietzsche. Strikes a good balance with cheekiness and humor as well, without being too obnoxious and shallow.

Season 2 is coming up this summer, I believe.

á´…eparted

passages
I tried to like it, I can't.

I can not STAND the main characters. Rick is so insufferable and I just can't stand him. Watching him just makes me angry. I can not handle that level of scattered and unethics even in a show. Morty is also a blithering idiot and is unlikeable through and through.

Duffy

You are a hard man (or woman) to please.

What's interesting though: I have the same reaction toward shows like South Park, hehe.

á´…eparted

passages
You are a hard man (or woman) to please.

What's interesting though: I have the same reaction toward shows like South Park, hehe.

I'm a guy.

I'm ambivalent on South Park. Sometimes it's great, sometimes I dislike it. Ultimately it's characters that make or break shows for me. Characters can be good but if I legimately can not stand them and their behavior I can not watch the show. It's a big reason why I dislike embarassment based comedy.

Adam

MBTI Type
DEUS
This is a very, very good show and I highly recommend it. Hilarious and clever stories - or story, I suppose, because of the continuity from episode to episode.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of the best serieses ever. I recommend it to everyone.

Rick Sanchez is a ENTP (and7w8 (probably Sx/Sp) it hurts.

^ The perfect combo for irresponsibility and selfishness.

[MENTION=25411]Hijynx[/MENTION] please bring back your cool avatar.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I'm a guy.

I'm ambivalent on South Park. Sometimes it's great, sometimes I dislike it. Ultimately it's characters that make or break shows for me. Characters can be good but if I legimately can not stand them and their behavior I can not watch the show. It's a big reason why I dislike embarassment based comedy.

I guess you don't like Superjail either.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Rick is one of the best cartoon characters on television.

Emerald Rain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
:greatscott: Yes I like it. what's fuking there *barf* not to love *barf*

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This show and that epiosde A Rickle in Time blew my mind.

The timeline splitting real quick over whether or not it was Phillips or Flathead in an episode about their time being in such a delicate/fragile stage, indecisiveness was causing their timeline to split.
In a creative universe with ∞ timelines lives a super genius human who rather than go to school, just built himself a portal gun and learnt The Rick way.
Funniest character ever.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I can not STAND the main characters. Rick is so insufferable and I just can't stand him. Watching him just makes me angry. I can not handle that level of scattered and unethics even in a show. Morty is also a blithering idiot and is unlikeable through and through.

I feel like you'd hate me irl :(

á´…eparted

passages
I feel like you'd hate me irl :(

Nah I don't think so. The only way to know is if we actually met. Nevertheless based on what you say on here, and the vibe I get overall I doubt I'd hate you. The number of people I'd hate IRL that I know on here isn't nearly as big as one would think.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

That's not surprising.

The show essentially ridicules Fe for the farce it is. I love it myself.

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of the best serieses ever. I recommend it to everyone.

Rick Sanchez is a ENTP (and7w8 (probably Sx/Sp) it hurts.

^ The perfect combo for irresponsibility and selfishness.

This guy gets it.

What about Morty? I think ISFJ but at times he does show a lot of Fi... Maybe ISFJ with well developed Fi? ISFP? But then come to think of it, they do say the mind set of Rick And Morty are opposites. Therefore it should be Rick = ENTP, Morty = ISFJ.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The show's almost too good.

This guy gets it.

What about Morty? I think ISFJ but at times he does show a lot of Fi... Maybe ISFJ with well developed Fi? ISFP? But then come to think of it, they do say the mind set of Rick And Morty are opposites. Therefore it should be Rick = ENTP, Morty = ISFJ.

Prolly ISFJ. I thought ISFP before, too.

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Prolly ISFJ. I thought ISFP before, too.

Yeah, he might be an ISFJ with a strong Fi use. Wouldn't surprise me with all the shit he takes from my man Rick. Or anyone at all.
I think Jerry is an ESFJ, def some type of Ne user but not to an extent of Dominant or Auxiliary. Beth... Hmm... ENTJ? (Te - Ni, wanted to become a doctor in the future and had it all set. But then got pregnant.)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I watched a couple of episodes and tried to like it, but felt like it was... soulless.

The dark comedies I like are grounded in some kind of warmth. Light? Hope? I dunno. That's part of why I'm so into "BoJack Horseman". But I got none of that from "Rick and Morty".

I wonder if what's bothering me is the utter lack of Fi.