• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nintendo Introduces Same-Gender Marriage in Fire Emblem

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Nintendo said:
We can confirm that Fire Emblem Fates for Nintendo 3DS, which launches in Japan on June 25, 2015, and is coming to the U.S. and Europe in 2016, includes the possibility for a same-sex marriage to take place between the main character created by the gamer and another character in the game.”
“Fire Emblem Fates comes in two different versions, called the Conquest and Birthright editions. In the U.S., Conquest and Birthright will both be sold separately, as is already the case in Japan. For those who have purchased either the Conquest or Birthright edition, a third edition will be made available as downloadable content at a later stage. Details on how the three storylines will be made available in other regions will be announced at a later date. In the Conquest edition of the game, there is a male character that the game’s player may have his/her male main character marry after they bond in battle. Similarly, the Birthright edition features a female character that a female main character may marry after bonding in battle. Both of the aforementioned characters can be encountered in the third edition of the game.”
“We believe that our gameplay experiences should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and, at the same time, we will always design the game specifications of each title by considering a variety of factors, such as the game’s scenario and the nature of the game play. In the end of course, the game should be fun to play. We feel that Fire Emblem Fates is indeed enjoyable to play and we hope fans like the game.

Source: Fire Emblem Fates has same-sex marriages, 2 versions officially confirmed for the west - Nintendo Everything

Well as you guys know, being the gay little Nintendo-nerd that I am, I'm obviously really happy about this. :happy2: No more playing as a girl so I can marry the gender I like!

Kind of sucks that there's only one male and female character while everyone else is straight (and that they're exclusive to each game - I was going to get Hoshido but I'm switching to Nohr since that's where the gay guy is), but baby steps over no steps at all! I'm glad Nintendo learned from the Tomodachi Life fiasco and hopped on the inclusiveness train.

I'm really optimistic about the future now. I honestly never thought I'd see people of the same gender getting married in a Nintendo game until I was 30 and married myself. Games like Dragon Age have already taken a step forward, but a company with such a big influence like Nintendo doing this means a lot to me.

Not a lot of the community here has gaming as a hobby (and Nintendo games, even less) but I still felt like sharing. :D YAY GAYNESS