• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A song and a time.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Post a song and the time it reminds you of. This isn't about good music, it's about music you remember:

When I moved to the bay area and was between jobs, my roommate had broken up and she dragged me to every lesbian club she could go to for about 6 months. The DJ's always made sure to play this song:

Chrysanthea

That was beautiful. And to make contrast with such I will use a song that reminds me of the exact opposite... something horrifyingly disgusting. Middle School. Not that my music tastes were worse back then, but the memories associated with them. Dx

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp

In middle school I listened to this album (this song especially) almost every night before I went to bed. I feel like a kid every time I listen to it again.

“See fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need. And I just retired from the fantasy part.”
― Lauryn Hill

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

when i was 19 and first moved to oakland, me and all my roommates were unemployed, and hung out with neighborhood hoodlums all day, smoking blunts and playing spades and dominoes. one of the guys ringtones was this song (the verse at 2:50) and it takes me back there. :blush:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
When my parents played one of my mix tapes to find out what I'm listening to and this came on and they were like "what is this?"

When I borrowed my mom's car and forgot my Master of Puppets tape in the player and the next time she drove and I was with her she played it accidentally.

Skipping school and cruising around in my Crown Vic.

Sunflower_Moon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Elton John - Candle in the Wind. I remember this song because my mother had a "divorce soundtrack" that she would play incessantly (even used them as the greeting on the answering machine) every day for a couple of years when I was younger. This song was one of them, along with a couple of Rod Stewart songs, Celine Dion, Meatloaf, other Elton John songs, Bryan Adams, etc. The only strange thing is that when I got older and learned to listen to the meaning behind the lyrics, a lot of the songs she chose never seemed to be appropriate for the actual situation. . .I don't think she paid attention to lyrics. I'm surprised I actually still like the songs to some degree though, but I was tired of them back then.

https://youtu.be/5GLwA4P3QDk

Chrysanthea

This was a religious experience for me: The first time I ever listened to Pink Floyd while it was my first time ever being completely passed out on DXM. It was easily one of the most euphoric times of my life... I just laid there on my bed in the dark as I closed my eyes and felt the energy of the music... the images that formed and deformed into something else. Beautiful. Though haven't used that drug since.