• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gaming mouse

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm finally going to stop messing around with funky keysets and get a gaming mouse.

It's for MMO use almost exclusively, a little but of TF2, anyone have any recommendations?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'd probably get a Logitech 518 if buying today (below). I have a G5, and it's nice.

26-104-178-12.jpg

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
The Logitech mx518 Jack Flak suggested is pretty solid. I got it because of the dpi-on-the-fly without the need for drivers (sweet!).The G5 & G7 are also good choices, if your willing to spend the extra cash. I've heard that Razor has some good mice as well, but I've never personally handled one myself.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've been using the Razer for about two years now and I love it. You can get the Copperhead for about $49 at Amazon. It has the four side buttons which can be bound to whatever, plus it slides on their eXactMat like an air hockey puck. The DPI adjustment is on the fly, but I am pretty sure it requires the drivers (been a while since I installed it).

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Nothing beats a G5.

I like heavy mice and the G5 is heavier than any other I've tried. It scrolls smooth, the dpi adjustment is intuitive and easy to use, the fire buttons don't wear out and the pads are nice and slippy without making it feel unstable.

Oh and all this is without installing some useless app for key management.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, that was the only downside to my Razer; the weight. It was a little to light. I opened it up and threw some lead weights in it, and it's perfect. At the time I couldn't find a left handed gaming mouse since that's how I play, they were all molded for righty's. This was ambidextrous, which was a plus.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Nothing beats a G5? Mine is getting straight sketchy after two years. Does Logitech give a lifetime warranty?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Nothing beats a G5? Mine is getting straight sketchy after two years. Does Logitech give a lifetime warranty?
Quit giving it flak?

Seriously though they do have a warranty... it may be two years... can't recall.

Anyhow one mouse per two years would be good going for me. That and I think the mouse is a decent price considering the hideous proces you can pay for some of the abortions on the market.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
What is it about the G5 that's so great?

Two reasons I can think of:
* 400, 800, 2000 dpi on the fly
* adjustable weight cartridges

Murkow, how do you predominantly grip your mouse: Palm or Claw? Palming is well, cupping the mouse whereas Clawing is using your finger tips to move the mouse. The bigger the mouse, the likely hood of palming increases significantly; vice versa. I used to claw on my smaller logitech mouse, so your mileage may vary in regards to adjusting to a newer style.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Two reasons I can think of:
* 400, 800, 2000 dpi on the fly
* adjustable weight cartridges

The importance of that is pretty debatable. That's why I'd go for the cheaper 518, which is probably the same mouse without the weights and adjustment.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
The importance of that is pretty debatable. That's why I'd go for the cheaper 518, which is probably the same mouse without the weights and adjustment.

I'm with you on the 518, have one myself. I was just listing some features the 518 didn't have compared to the G5. Ymmv, I suppose.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've got an MX518, great mouse, and it's what I use all the time.

The only thing I've used that was better is some of ther Razer products, but they're more expensive than it's worth for a mouse.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP

I'd say you best bet at this juncture is to go try out some mouses 'hands on' at futureshop and procure the one you like from ncix.com (I think it's the newegg.com of Canada if I remember).

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'd say you best bet at this juncture is to go try out some mouses 'hands on' at futureshop and procure the one you like from nxic.com (I think it's the newegg.com of Canada if I remember).

That'd be ncix.com :D