• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many films are there where everyone involved in making them are dead?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I would have put this in Random Thoughts but I wanted to bring this up as a discussion.

My wife and my daughter are watching Snow White in the other room (as in the '30s movie) and there's a likelihood that the vast majority of people involved in the production of it are now dead. I wondered how many films there are which are a total legacy now, where nobody who made them is still alive...

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Almost every pre WWII era picture I'd guess, except kiddie films from that time.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Almost every pre WWII era picture I'd guess, except kiddie films from that time.

Most, probably. But it looks like there are several survivors from Gone With The Wind who were adults back in 1939 (among them Olivia de Havilland who is about to turn 99 years old).

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'd guess there's many examples of silent movies like that (including the production crew), it's like looking through a window into an inaccessible world.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Blair Witch project.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Most, probably. But it looks like there are several survivors from Gone With The Wind who were adults back in 1939 (among them Olivia de Havilland who is about to turn 99 years old).

Ohh right I think I knew that! Good for her longevity is admirable