• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Wars: Rogue One

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Saw it last night. LOVED IT! My husband had seen it with his work department on Friday morning (he has pretty much the best job ever) and when he got home he said "Buy tickets, bring your dad" and wouldn't tell me anything else about it. All I knew about it was that it took place in between episodes 3 and 4- I purposefully didn't watch any trailers or read anything about it. I knew it would be about the baby rebellion just because of the timing but I didn't know it would be about the Death Star plans. I especially liked

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ha yes -- I meant to mention that earlier.

I like how it gives context to the entire Star Wars sequence and anchors it in something that predated it. Han and Luke and others won the glory for the obvious victory, but there were many heroes along the way who died without much notice, and there were so many times the Alliance came within a hair length of failing but these unsung heroes pulled off something spectacular.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well, the concept for this story has been around a LONG time -- the stealing of the Death Star plans -- and fans wanted to see a movie about it and the concept has been explored in fan fic, video games, etc. This story was always about the Death Star plans, it's not like it was conceived regarding something else.

I'm disappointed Kyle Katarn is no longer a thing, but this movie is worth it.
ha yes -- I meant to mention that earlier.

Yes! I let out a big grin during that hologram recording. It made perfect sense to me.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nit Pick-

But that's just my personal gripes.

Other than that, I quite enjoyed it and will probably watch it again if the mood strikes me. Which I rarely do with movies ever.

Other than that I liked it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nit Pick-

But that's just my personal gripes.

Other than that, I quite enjoyed it and will probably watch it again if the mood strikes me. Which I rarely do with movies ever.

Other than that I liked it.

You may have noticed that earlier in the movie, when Vader first appeared, he was in a vat of fluid. It is known as a bacta tank.
Bacta tank | Wookieepedia | Fandom powered by Wikia

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm well aware, thank you.
That should've explained his clunkiness in A New Hope, though. Yet judging by his performance it didn't.

He was due for his next bacta tank treatment in a New Hope.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He was due for his next bacta tank treatment in a New Hope.
That was stated? I don't recall this. I only remember the early on one in the bacta tank. Unless they were about to replace the limbs but didn't yet, stated somewhere in the movie or novel or something.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was stated? I don't recall this. I only remember the early on one in the bacta tank. Unless they were about to replace the limbs but didn't yet, stated somewhere in the movie or novel or something.

I am stating it.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I enjoyed this movie. I didn't like the Abrams one that came prior. I left thinking that it wasn't that bad. Then the more I thought about it, the more I disliked it.

Maybe it's just me but I thought the monk and the fighter were more than brothers-in-arms. I mean, there was some love in the air :newwink: Baze Malbus was my favorite character in this story.

I always think if I don't regret paying money to see the movie that it was probably good. So, yeah. I don't regret seeing it. Whatever that is worth.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I enjoyed this movie. I didn't like the Abrams one that came prior. I left thinking that it wasn't that bad. Then the more I thought about it, the more I disliked it.

Maybe it's just me but I thought the monk and the fighter were more than brothers-in-arms. I mean, there was some love in the air :newwink: Baze Malbus was my favorite character in this story.

I always think if I don't regret paying money to see the movie that it was probably good. So, yeah. I don't regret seeing it. Whatever that is worth.

Can I also borrow your BF, because I need a free movie too. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Wasnt crazy about it, wasnt crazy about it afterwards. The action tho was nice.

Tater

To be honest, I liked this movie more than TFA. While TFA simply employed the same characters from the first trilogy, Rogue One actually captured the spirit of the original franchise through themes of war, rebellion, and activism.

It's not without its flaws. The pacing during the first two acts was kind of awkward and rushed. Meanwhile, several characters lost the chance to firmly establish their significance in the story. But overall, I left the theater pretty happy.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not a spoiler. Also, CG Tarkin was awesometacular. CG Leia was, eh... kind of fat looking or something compared to the original. I'm not sure, but she was off her diet maybe.

Here is Leia from Rogue One (behind the spoiler tags):

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I gotta say, I broke down and bought the Rogue One 4K home release disc (even though the bluray was pretty decent on its own) and I am just blown away in terms of the image and sound quality.

it is absolutely spectacular, if you have decent 4K equipment and a sound bar. I spent half the movie being stunned in a good way. The color palette is amazing and it manages to add even more detail to the image, so you get a full sense of the grime of the rebellion. Especially the large planet shots involving explosions are perfectly balanced and in stunning detail.

It's like a pretty great movie got even better.

it is also depressing because it is a film that DID get worked over a lot in production, had extensive reshoots and involvement by a secondary writer/director (Gilroy) but ended up being pretty seamless and better because of it, rather than what we got with what should have been the flagship films. I don't understand honestly why they can't do trilogies worth shit anymore. This film focuses on a handful of characters, stays on track story-wise, and has a heart to it, it makes it all look easy.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well four minutes into that and I'm bored. See you, random woman whose face I recognize who seems to be popular because she's cute and a geek and has a quirky delivery which is why Zooey Deschanel is/was popular, but who has to trash every geek film she sees cuz that is what passes for fandom and racks up hits on youtube

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
See it's not till 4:30 where the extra nuance comes in, more of a slow burn review rather than trashing, but then that doesnt really become apparent till 5 minutes in... oh well different jokes for different folks i guess:shrug:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well four minutes into that and I'm bored. See you, random woman whose face I recognize who seems to be popular because she's cute and a geek and has a quirky delivery which is why Zooey Deschanel is/was popular, but who has to trash every geek film she sees cuz that is what passes for fandom and racks up hits on youtube

Yeah, pretty sure I've seen her videos constantly pushed as recommendations.