• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Good Rap

sassafrassquatch

I kind of like the sound of modern rap but the lyrics are painfully stupid. I'm not really a lyrics person anyway, my main concern is that the lyrics don't interfere with the music.

Negative_

Rhymesayers and DefinitiveJux artists in general would probably be what you're looking for. Also, Sage Francis, Blu & Exile, Outkast, The Specifics, Qwel....

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGbIpCJnmc0"]MF Doom, underground hip hop, great lyrics[/youtube]

Alpha-6

MBTI Type
INTP
Immortal Technique.

Hotstyles- Lookin Boy

Pendulum- Tarantula

Black Eyed Peas- Pump It

Outkast- Bombs Over Baghdad, Ghetto Musik

Busta Rhymes- Gimme Some Mo

Master P- Make em say Uh

69 Boyz- Hootchie Mamma

Gritz- My Life Be Like

Gorillaz- 19-2000 Soulchild Remix

Those are all the rap songs on my list.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was going to recommend The Roots, but they're sort of pushing the boundary of what's considered rap. If you're looking for R&Bish hip hop, they're definitely for you.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not really a lyrics person anyway, my main concern is that the lyrics don't interfere with the music.

I really see where you're coming from with this.

And you're an INTP now?! When will it end?
Also, I thought you use to list yourself as 6w5...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Del tha Funkee Homosapien
Sage Francis
Aesop Rock
Eyedea & Abilities
Atmosphere
People Under the Stairs
Aceyalone
Abstract Rude
Swollen Members
Living Legends
Dr Octagon
Devin the Dude
A Tribe Called Quest
Jedi Mind Tricks
Dan the Automator
Zion I
Grouch
Eligh
Pharcyde
Fugees
Andre Nickatina (although, he does rhyme about bitches, crime, and drugs, he has integrity, talent, originality)

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
disregard knows of what she speaks. I'd also like to add Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip to the list.