• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Good Rap

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Which one did you smoke with?

I got into the Roots a few months ago, great band.

Malik B., who is no longer with the crew, due to his awful drug habit. :( I've also seen Skratch beatbox with G. Love (of G. Love and Special Sauce) and partied with Black Thought at the St. Patrick's Day party. All of the original guys were students at CAPA in South Philly. That is the Philadelphia High School for Creative and Performing Arts. Their new white-guy bassist (Owen Biddle) is the scion of one of Philly's richest and oldest families, and he was in The Trolleyvox, an indie-rock band who played my house in West Philly. I've partied with so many musicians and actors, I am practically a Philebrity at this point. :yes:

Here is a video from the ultimate Philebrity:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t9SCHLRDoY"]DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - I Think I Could Beat Mike Tyson[/YOUTUBE]

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
There's only one rapper impressing me right now. I think his name is MURS, or something like that. He's the guy with the weird hair.

Also, I heard a rapper named Papoose do a rap where he went all through the ABC's and back, only rapping with words that started with A, then B, and so on. Very impressive.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
As far as I know, MURS has no hair. Are you talking about Shock G? He did a video with MURS, and also brought his alter ego, Humpty Hump.

YouTube - Murs - Risky Business(ft. Shock G and Humpty)

Edit: NVM, Murs has weird hair now too. But perhaps not as weird as Shock G's. He was hilarious on Loveline a couple of months ago btw.

Edit again: that video is NSFW.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
As far as I know, MURS has no hair. Are you talking about Shock G? He did a video with MURS, and also brought his alter ego, Humpty Hump.

YouTube - Murs - Risky Business(ft. Shock G and Humpty)

Edit: NVM, Murs has weird hair now too. But perhaps not as weird as Shock G's. He was hilarious on Loveline a couple of months ago btw.

This is MURS. I'm pretty sure. I tried to do a image search for Shock G, but all i get back is those damn watches.

murs.jpg

edit: and Ivy knows about hip-hop?! Whodda thunk it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Gah! Anybody who read this thread or any of my music posts over the last two years! :angry:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
BTW you can see a bald MURS as well as a funny-hairded Shock G (and of course HH is always fun) in that video I linked to.

EDITED to add: NSFW

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Alphabetical Slaughter - Papoose

He is/was deff one of the big underground mixtape artists out there. If your interested I have a bunch of songs by him.

Lets play monopoly
- Papoose feat Mario( I actually don't mind him singing the chorus in this, granted it is ripped from one of his most commercial songs, which by the way i hated)

Head of State
- Papoose and Saigon

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
BTW you can see a bald MURS as well as a funny-hairded Shock G (and of course HH is always fun) in that video I linked to.

EDITED to add: NSFW

I liked that video. Humpty is hilarious, especially his opening rap. Hopefully this kind of rap starts to replace what mainstream rap has going on now.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
[YOUTUBE="sJ7w-z4BvMo"]Sage Francis - Escape Artist[/YOUTUBE]

Probably my favorite Hip-Hop artist, anything under the Strange Famous Records label is worth checking out.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Public Enemy - Fight the Power

Rap with a real message.

YouTube - PUBLIC ENEMY - FIGHT THE POWER

To quote a youtube user:

"If Obama wins I'm gonna drive around blasting this shit on max, if he loses I'm gonna drive around blasting this shit on max. "

I saw that this song got #1 on the 100 Best Hip-Hop Songs on vh1.. I was glad but kind of surprised it got #1. I wish there was some more politically aware or even socially conscious rap in the mainstream.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I saw that this song got #1 on the 100 Best Hip-Hop Songs on vh1.. I was glad but kind of surprised it got #1. I wish there was some more politically aware or even socially conscious rap in the mainstream.

Good for VH1! Either the editor or the viewers have got good taste. I only came across this track through watching a Spike Lee film in which the character Radio Rahim had it playing none stop on his stereo system (until he got it smashed in by Sal).