• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Good Rap

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I usually really dislike rap, but I'm really in love with this cd by The Roots called "Game Theory". I highly recommend it. :headphne:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I just found out about Shad and I can't stop smiling!

[youtube="pHhxbMSk7J8"]The Old Prince Still Lives At Home[/youtube]

[youtube="i9e98UE5dhY"]I don't really like to[/youtube]

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
MC Paul Barman (nerd rap)
Akhenaton (French rap)
Del the Funky Homosapien

All great suggestions- also, you mentioned French rap, which reminded me of a trip-hop artist I used to listen to a lot and had totally forgotten about, DJ Cam:

[youtube="ZVHs0KqEKCM"]I love hip hop[/youtube]

And Wax Tailor is cool:

[youtube="nv44r3q6zgo"]Positively Inclined[/youtube]

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This will be more fun if you played text adventure games:

[youtube="4nigRT2KmCE"]It Is Pitch Dark[/youtube]

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
This will be more fun if you played text adventure games:

[youtube="4nigRT2KmCE"]It Is Pitch Dark[/youtube]

That's awesome. Thank you, made my day. I cut my teeth on flashing green cursors.. Muds, Text adventures and roguelikes. A grue rap is long overdue.

Geoff sits down and starts singing about gold.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I usually really dislike rap, but I'm really in love with this cd by The Roots called "Game Theory". I highly recommend it. :headphne:

I've smoked a blunt with one of The Roots, and I also went to a St. Patrick's Day party at their studio. Cool guys. Lots of druggies around them, though.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
YouTube - Shad "Rock To It" (live)

and this is his current hit

YouTube - Shad - The Old Prince Still Lives at Home

My favourite part is the end...

Getting big in Canada.

Probably impossible to find in the US though, but screw it, give him a listen. I think he's fantastic, personally... he has good skills and good flow, and his style is very sort of canadian, for lack of a better term. It's suburban like that, I guess. He actually comes from the same town as me, went to a rival high school.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I've smoked a blunt with one of The Roots, and I also went to a St. Patrick's Day party at their studio. Cool guys. Lots of druggies around them, though.

Which one did you smoke with?

I got into the Roots a few months ago, great band.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Sometimes I wonder why I bother posting.