• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who sucks?

MBTI Type
ENTP
There's way too much South Park hate and not nearly enough Family Guy hate.
I also hate fart jokes but if you don't like the show you must not like satire.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's way too much South Park hate and not nearly enough Family Guy hate.
I also hate fart jokes but if you don't like the show you must not like satire.

That's a pretty vast generalization, and also logically invalid.

If someone does not like fart jokes, and they dislike something that contains fart jokes and satire, that does not mean they dislike satire.

MBTI Type
ENTP
That's a pretty vast generalization, and also logically invalid.

If someone does not like fart jokes, and they dislike something that contains fart jokes and satire, that does not mean they dislike satire.
Except for the simple fact that the longest running fart joke, terrence and phillip, was meant to be satirical.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think that South Park is OVERRATED, I don't HATE it... I simply don't think that it's the greatest cartoon ever like many of my friends and most of the other students I was surrounded with seem to think that it is.

Looney Tunes will ALWAYS beat South Park in my book ;)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aww, now he's never gonna dance again...

I thought of another one. The movie Life is Beautiful. What a simplistic, annoying piece of sentimental schlock.

:yes: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I even kind of like the beginning of the film, but then it becomes :steam:

I hope no one thinks this doesn't suck, but it sucks enough that it bears mentioning anyway: According to Jim

Also sucky:
Memoirs of a Geisha, the movie
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez (I thought this was gonna be a movie about rebels! And instead it's about all their sister issues. *snore*)
The Giver by Lois Lowry

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It's not just fart jokes, but general toilet humor, which was funny to me in the 5th or so grade when I started watching it. But with satire, no other cartoon does it better.. that I know of.

Family Guy is funny, they pack the show with joke after joke, which I like. I don't really care that they have ridiculous plots. But I'd rather watch South Park.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Except for the simple fact that the longest running fart joke, terrence and phillip, was meant to be satirical.

That doesn't actually disprove my proposition. Someone might incidentally dislike satire, if it happened to have fart jokes. It still indicates little to nothing about satire as a whole.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Someone might incidentally dislike satire, if it happened to have fart jokes.
The way you phrased this doesn't really make sense.

Anyway, if someone says "ok, A, B and C may be mocked. But NEVER D!", they don't so much like mocking humor as dislike A, B and C.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The way you phrased this doesn't really make sense.

Anyway, if someone says "ok, A, B and C may be mocked. But NEVER D!", they don't so much like mocking humor as dislike A, B and C.

But a lot of the time with South Park, the farts infuse with the satire, so someone who might otherwise like good satire might be turned off overall by the farting around.

MBTI Type
ENTP
But a lot of the time with South Park, the farts infuse with the satire, so someone who might otherwise like good satire might be turned off overall by the farting around.

But I think you just proved my point. I'm trying to make a distinction between liking when something is satirized and liking satirical humor. For the latter preference, the actual substance of what is being made fun of is less important as long as it's funny. But if you have an entire category of things that can never be funny, you're not into satirical humor for it's own sake.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
But I think you just proved my point. I'm trying to make a distinction between liking when something is satirized and liking satirical humor. For the latter preference, the actual substance of what is being made fun of is less important as long as it's funny. But if you have an entire category of things that can never be funny, you're not into satirical humor for it's own sake.

Alright I suppose you can make that distinction, but more often than not, the people who like when something is satirized and like satirical humor are the same person.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Alright I suppose you can make that distinction, but more often than not, the people who like when something is satirized and like satirical humor are the same person.

Yeah I still prefer when I agree with the satire, but I'm less of a prude than I used to be. It's more fun.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's too bad you feel that way. He told me that he thinks it would be nice if he could touch your body. Cause he knows not everybody has a body like you.

I guess he better think twice before he gives his heart away.

Aww, now he's never gonna dance again...

You both clearly hate me.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
So if you ever become an assassin, I will totally help you shoot that woman in the head. ^_^b Saving the world AND having an awesome job. Everyone wins! Except Sarah Palin?.. *especially* Sarah Palin.
But hey, I like Palin. I only support assassination of those I disapprove of. Can we get a ruling on this?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The Stranger by Camus aka chronicles of the boring kind of sociopath (who knew they existed?)