• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who sucks?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That reminds me. Hemingway. Love some of his short stories, but hate his novels. I want the hours of my life back that I spent reading A Farewell to Arms, hoping against hope that it would get better, since it was a FREAKING CLASSIC. I hated that stupid nurse character that did nothing but call him darling all the time. It's like he'd never met a woman in real life before. He did have a cool house with lots of awesome six toed cats, though.
Those stupid cats are hard to photograph. I'll have to try again this winter.

2390156951_5f657cc3fb.jpg

P.S. KISS sucks. Hard.

O

Oberon

I am not very impressed with myself.

There are lots of artists out there whose work I don't particularly admire, but at least those guys A) finished something, and B) sold it.

Which is more than I have done.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am not very impressed with myself.

There are lots of artists out there whose work I don't particularly admire, but at least those guys A) finished something, and B) sold it.

Which is more than I have done.

Jeez, by that logic, we can't criticize anyone! What are you trying to do, destroy the Internet?

Humility sucks. :D

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I wonder if Al Gore pondered, 'Well at least George could get to power.'

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I cannae tolerate garishly painted houses. They pollute the eye!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
PDF documents
Any book Oprah recommends
Dr. Phil
Talk radio
People who have seen Mamma Mia and can't shut up about it
Texas summer heat
Those really bleak contemporary novels, ie House of Sand and Fog
Most songs that are used in commercials
Judge Judy

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
PDF documents
Any book Oprah recommends
Dr. Phil
Talk radio
People who have seen Mamma Mia and can't shut up about it
Texas summer heat
Those really bleak contemporary novels, ie House of Sand and Fog
Most songs that are used in commercials
Judge Judy

Sally is very disappointed in you. Very.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Drug Abuse
Blatant and arrogant disrespect of women / children / everyone
Rock&Roll Mentality

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
"Said attempted to stigmitize (very successfully, unfortunately) anyone who objected to any aspect of "Eastern" cultures that conflicted with these ideas and institutions."

You do say "aspect of 'Eastern' culture', but the assumption here is that Said was simply acting as a champion of anything which happened to fall under that category (the category being imagined or otherwise).

First of all, I use "cultures" in the plural sense-an important distinction given the fact that you charge me with assuming some kind of monolithic "Eastern" culture. Second, while Huntington was too broad (as well as arbitray) in his definition of cultural groups, its also not very useful to deconstruct aspects of culture to such an extent that no broad causal explanations can be derived. All cultures are fluid and overlap with multiple other cultures-that's pretty much stating the obvious, and dosn't aid the search for answers. Third, Said and his acolytes repeatedly attempted to stigmatize collegues who disagreed with their positions (especially regarding the relative importance of domestic societies and institutions versus Western imperialism regarding modern global inequality) as malicious and ethnocentric hacks who, as part of a dominant cultural group had no business engaging in critical research and analysis on cultures far removed from their own.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I hate the Cadillac commercials with the fury of a thousand firey suns. Listening to a bunch of smug pretty people making pretentious lists of all the things they love while driving a boat anchor of a car. Yeah, never mind about that struggling economy thing, and all of those people losing their homes and unable to get health care. Let's talk about our rich tastes and how special it makes us sound.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Or, she just honestly is not impressed the inherent qualities of being high on marijuana.

yeah, basically. for the record, i'm pro-legalization. i just think marijuana is kind of lame, and i think that being high for years on end is also kind of lame.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I hate the Cadillac commercials with the fury of a thousand firey suns.
Have you seen the recent Ford commercial with the blonde saying something like "I like, totally never would have considered driving a Ford before, haha!" Well it sucks.

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
I hate the Cadillac commercials with the fury of a thousand firey suns. Listening to a bunch of smug pretty people making pretentious lists of all the things they love while driving a boat anchor of a car. Yeah, never mind about that struggling economy thing, and all of those people losing their homes and unable to get health care. Let's talk about our rich tastes and how special it makes us sound.

Yes!