• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who sucks?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can't call me ignorant on the basis of personal tastes.

This whole thread is basically about speaking as if objective about things that are really entirely subjective. Sure, for a lot of people, rap is apparently pleasing, and that's good for them. I, however, have never heard rap I like.

I do not comprehend how musical taste can equal ignorance. It does not compute.

he does this in his sleep ?
Sweet.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've never figured-out where the line is drawn. If anyone can tell me exactly what defines hip-hop, I'll be able to say exactly what I feel about it.

I do have general enough knowledge to say that I've never intentionally listened to it.

Rap: more linear, more focused on the development of the lyrical lines... melody and choruses punctuate the rap as opposed to playing a central part.

Hip-Hop: it just, well, bounces more... it's more focused on the melody... in hip-hop, the melody (i.e. singing) will be the central focus, taking up more time in the song, and will generally be punctuated by some rap...

Now, Hip-hop and/or Rap connoisseurs may be horrified at my definitions (I don't know)... but I've never pegged a song wrong using this intuitive set of standards.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rap: more linear, more focused on the development of the lyrical lines... melody and choruses punctuate the rap as opposed to playing a central part.

Hip-Hop: it just, well, bounces more... it's more focused on the melody... in hip-hop, the melody (i.e. singing) will be the central focus, taking up more time in the song, and will generally be punctuated by some rap...

Now, Hip-hop and/or Rap connoisseurs may be horrified at my definitions (I don't know)... but I've never pegged a song wrong using this intuitive set of standards.

Going by your standards, hip-hop > rap.
Still, not really a fan of hip-hop.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you were very objective in that post, even while stating the subjective
i commended you for it, seeing as its practically magic-or maturity.

Smokes... That's a heavy compliment. I might have to shake it off to avoid letting it go to my head.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
alright, back to the hate
Chris Cornell's 2nd album

for his first was a 4 of 5 golden stars

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, just make me watch Steel Magnolias, and you can see it firsthand. I hate Sally Field with the intensity of 1,000 nuclear bombs. First off, she KILLS comedy dead. Second, she has to cry in everything she's in, and she's the ugliest crier this side of Julia Roberts. And she's cutesy and annoying. I have to leave the room if people are watching something she's in.

re: Forrest Gump. Yeah, I mean, I got what they were trying to say, but I felt like they just dropped the message on my head courtesy of a giant anvil. Plus. Sally Field.

I'm starting to detect the subtle inference that you might have an issue with Sally Field. :D Am I right?! I'm not very good with subtle cues...

As long as we're talking about Beatles-related songs, I hate that song "So this is Christmas..." or whatever it's called. Man, that song sucks.
John Lennon torments my ears. I don't think there's anything brilliant about a man that abandons his wife and child to go trapesing off with some woman he has a creative pique for.

MBTI Type
ENTP
John Lennon torments my ears. I don't think there's anything brilliant about a man that abandons his wife and child to go trapesing off with some woman he has a creative pique for.

If we judged all artists and thinkers by their personal lives there wouldn't be much work left to be admired.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ

Emerson is pretty assailable. He is the forerunner to the vapid New England Phish-head hippie. Thoreau >>> Emerson. He does get bonus points for being pretty libertarian and definitely an abolitionist, though.

Also, I never figured out why Jill Sobule calls out McCartney as opposed to Lennon in that song. Lennon was definitely the darker and more misanthropic man during the time when those two had their problems.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Emerson is pretty assailable. He is the forerunner to the vapid New England Phish-head hippie. Thoreau >>> Emerson.

Ah, c'mon! There's always something to gripe about.

At least Emerson gave Americans a good kick in the ass... reminded them not to kowtow to the Brits when it came to culture.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Emerson is SO >>>>>>>> Thoreau!

MORE FISTICUFFS!!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ah, c'mon! There's always something to gripe about.

At least Emerson gave Americans a good kick in the ass... reminded them not to kowtow to the Brits when it came to culture.

I agree with that. I am not a huge transcendentalism fan, but I respect those guys. I am a big fan of the Great American Weirdos of the 19th-Century. Stephen Pearl Andrews!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Roland Emmerich sucks big fat-ass rhinoceros cock.

Okay, so 10,000 B.C. wasn't that good. I liked The Day After Tomorrow and Independence Day, and Stargate...and even Godzilla, to a certain extent.

With that said, I also think Michael Bay is highly underrated.

And the main reason people hate Tim Burton (I'm not one of them) is because he partially inspired the Hot Topic culture.