• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who sucks?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I haven't seen Gladiator, but surely it can't be a worse Best Picture winner than Forrest Gump (a movie made from a mixtape and operating on false nostalgia).
I think it is. It's like the description of chartered accountancy here:
[youtube=XMOmB1q8W4Y].[/youtube]

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Exactly--the Beatles' influence has so completely saturated everything that came after it that it's nearly impossible for those of us that didn't live through that era to realize just how new and groundbreaking they were when they came out. I love early Beatles stuff especially because they had that raw, live, frenzied sound, instead of the careful-sounding stuff that usually came out of studio recordings. I love John/Paul's harmonies, and I love the deceptively simple lyrics over complex chord structures.
I've heard a lot of other great, creative music from the 50s and 60s that only made me feel better about not liking the Beatles. Maybe they made a sound popular, but music is not a popularity contest! Der!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't really like the Beatles, but I don't particularly loathe them either (except "Hello Goodbye"...everytime I hear that song I get the urge to hit something or someone).

I really don't like Van Halen. To utter that to some people is tantamount to a cardinal sin.

The song "Sweet Home Alabama", and most other Lynyrd Skynyrd music.

sassafrassquatch

The Big Lebowski was/is a brilliant film.

It is one of the only movies I've ever seen that actually took me several times of viewing before I got/understood all of the brilliant intricacies!!!

Those who didn't or don't get the movie, are either idiots, or need to watch it again before they judge.

youreawesome.gif

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also? Sally Field sucks. I hate her little scrunchy face as much as Pink hates Redford.

Is it possible for anyone to hate with as much firey hatred as Pink vs Redford?!

That is some serious hating, my friend.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
NBC's "The Office" sucks. This opinion's inevitably tied to my view that they do everything worse than the original.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have extreme dislike for white men who beatbox. They should be stopped.

MBTI Type
INTJ
The Big Lebowski was/is a brilliant film.

It is one of the only movies I've ever seen that actually took me several times of viewing before I got/understood all of the brilliant intricacies!!!

Those who didn't or don't get the movie, are either idiots, or need to watch it again before they judge.

Now....

Crash, the 2004 Haggis "film" WAS AN OFFENSIVELY HORRIBLE, INACCURATE, CONTRIVED, "RACISM FOR DUMMIES" PIECE OF OVERRATED SHIT!!!! All those who liked/appreciated that movie are either morons, racists, or ignorant.

Stop beating around the bush, CC, and tell us what you really think!

I've never heard this term before but I know EXACTLY what you mean by it. (If you made it up, you are a genius.) I would like to add army wife diaries to that.

*standing ovation*

I can't for the life of me understand why people love Forrest Gump.

I like Forrest Gump a lot. I just think it's a sweet fairy tale with a moral. And the moral is that contrary to the current conventional wisdom, the noblest expression of humanity is not intelligence, but love.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just back to town and that's a lot of pages to read through. Has anybody said "Your mom" yet?

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like Forrest Gump a lot. I just think it's a sweet fairy tale with a moral. And the moral is that contrary to the current conventional wisdom, the noblest expression of humanity is not intelligence, but love.

You have such lady tastes. :D

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't really like the Beatles, but I don't particularly loathe them either (except "Hello Goodbye"...everytime I hear that song I get the urge to hit something or someone).

I really don't like Van Halen. To utter that to some people is tantamount to a cardinal sin.

The song "Sweet Home Alabama", and most other Lynyrd Skynyrd music.

I love The Beatles, but one song of theirs makes me want to punch babies: "Birthday." That song is atrocious. It may not be their absolute worst song, but it's definitely the dumbest and most unnecessary.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

That's so sweet. There's gotta be a way to turn that into a pick-up line of some sort.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I love The Beatles, but one song of theirs makes me want to punch babies: "Birthday." That song is atrocious. It may not be their absolute worst song, but it's definitely the dumbest and most unnecessary.

Oh yes, that one's pretty bad.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Is it possible for anyone to hate with as much firey hatred as Pink vs Redford?!

That is some serious hating, my friend.

Oh, just make me watch Steel Magnolias, and you can see it firsthand. I hate Sally Field with the intensity of 1,000 nuclear bombs. First off, she KILLS comedy dead. Second, she has to cry in everything she's in, and she's the ugliest crier this side of Julia Roberts. And she's cutesy and annoying. I have to leave the room if people are watching something she's in.

re: Forrest Gump. Yeah, I mean, I got what they were trying to say, but I felt like they just dropped the message on my head courtesy of a giant anvil. Plus. Sally Field.

As long as we're talking about Beatles-related songs, I hate that song "So this is Christmas..." or whatever it's called. Man, that song sucks.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
re: Forrest Gump. Yeah, I mean, I got what they were trying to say, but I felt like they just dropped the message on my head courtesy of a giant anvil. Plus. Sally Field.
Forrest Gump had a message? Shit, that's news to me; I thought it was a bunch of cool scenes edited to 2:30.

heart

heart on fire
Everything Clapton's done in the last 20 years - :sick: How'd he get so lame over the years? I don't mind Layla, but that was in the Derek and the Dominoes era.

Maybe I didn't mind it so much the first 100,000,000,000 times I heard it, can't remember now.

Laaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!