• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who sucks?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
No... no matter how much you say it, I'll refuse to believe you're being serious.

:coffee:

I fucking hate the Beatles. Their fan base was, is, and will continue to be as stupid as their music is horrible.

Of every musical group in the world, I hate the beatles most.

Don't believe me. Fine. That doesn't change the unavoidable fact that they suck.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I fucking hate the Beatles. Their fan base was, is, and will continue to be as stupid as their music is horrible.

Same here.

I only pretend to like them to try and fit in when the occasion calls for it.

But in actuality, I hate them.

MBTI Type
ENTP

Of every musical group in the world, I hate the beatles most.

Don't believe me. Fine. That doesn't change the unavoidable fact that they suck.

Dude, relax! I was joking... no need to start calling people stupid. Are you still in grade school?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

"smack that" has to be one of the most vapid ridiculous songs I've heard in ages, second place only to the OTHER stupid song he sings about nobody wanting to see him with his girl or whatever it was.

Thank you!

James Blunt got through to America?

Ahahaha

Ahahahahahahhahahaha

AhahahahahahahHAHahahahaha

You can keep him.

This is enough to start a war between the colonies. :steam:

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
This is enough to start a war between the colonies. :steam:

Can it be a sexy war?

Perhaps renaissance based?

-With your hair so prettily quafft, Miss. Howard, you resemble nothing so much as the most charming French poodle.
-I'm flattered, Mr. Gosling.
-Which leads me to inquire whether at a later stage this evening, I might be permitted to tend to you on all fours with all the bestial vigour of one of my father's prize mastiffs?
-Woof woof.
-Precisely.

-Not too fatigued by this evenings excursions, Miss. Cardieu?
-Why no, Captain Jennings, I could go on for hours.
-Then might I suggest that you join me later for some modest theatricals?
-Gladly. And which roles would we be playing?
-Why I would play the part of a wealthy industrialist. Whilst you, Miss Cardieu, would play a white chapel strumpet with such eye-wateringly low virtue that you would leave me as dry as a ship's biscuit.

--The Armstrong and Miller Show

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
dare i say green day?
kate perry
sean lennon

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Look. I kissed a girl. And, you know, frankly, I liked it. Gosh, that cherry chapstick.

BLEH! Hetero show off!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
+1 for Beatles, as far as them being overrated. Their music is completely neutral to me, I don't care if I hear it or not.

The Who though, I can't stand listening to. I'll go batty. (Except for about three atypical songs like Eminence Front)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
+1 for Beatles, as far as them being overrated. Their music is completely neutral to me, I don't care if I hear it or not.

The Who though, I can't stand listening to. I'll go batty.

J. Hendrix gets praise,
while his work with The Band of Gypsys (buddy miles and billy cox) was his best

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I mfing love Eminence Front. I've gotten loads of heat for that being my favorite Who song. (I do like them in general though.)

Some of these, for instance the beatles, would probably seem more groundbreaking if we were listening to them when they were new. I love the beatles but since there is so much that followed them that is derivative, they sometimes sound played-out to me. It's that very played-outness that underscores their influence.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ferris Bueller's day off
Animal House
Pulp Fiction
The Matrix
Hancock
Journey to the Center of the Earth

EDIT : All of the Friday movies ; those are the ones with ice cube

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
AvereX I'm THIS CLOSE to putting you on double secret probation for all your hating!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That AvereX, so overrated! :D ;)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Joining in with Night over Thomas Jefferson and with Chicago.

Totally disagreeing re: Grave of the Fireflies. Too long, too dull. There's gotta be better movies about the after-effects of the nuclear bombing of Japan.

More sucky things:
Classical music (not all of it, just a lot)
The Dark Knight (technically proficient/awesome... except that I'm given no reason to care about any of the characters, not even the biggest character, Gotham.)
"Chick Lit"
Star Wars III- Revenge of the Sith- even worse than I and II combined
Romanticism (the whole movement and especially Jane Eyre and Frankenstein)
.. and while we're on it, Magical Realism (sometimes good, usually sucky)
To Kill a Mockingbird (poor plot development, characters are all cariactures, etc)
and 1984

Defending:
Suhjan Stevens (granted I've only heard Illinoise and I don't know how how OVERrated he is)
Moulin Rouge (the story is generically sucky, but it's shiny and I like the music)

I had an English teacher who told me that a lot of scholars entertain the idea that Shakespeare was actually making fun of teen infatuation with Romeo and Juliet. I like that idea, though I don't claim to know anything about Shakespeare.

See, I see making fun of teenage infutuation as something like... Midsummer's Night Dream- Romeo and Juliet doesn't have that. In fact, doesn't the Prince (or a magistrate or something) give a whole speech at the end about how nobly they died and the families should be brought together?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I haven't seen Gladiator, but surely it can't be a worse Best Picture winner than Forrest Gump (a movie made from a mixtape and operating on false nostalgia).

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Some of these, for instance the beatles, would probably seem more groundbreaking if we were listening to them when they were new. I love the beatles but since there is so much that followed them that is derivative, they sometimes sound played-out to me. It's that very played-outness that underscores their influence.

Exactly--the Beatles' influence has so completely saturated everything that came after it that it's nearly impossible for those of us that didn't live through that era to realize just how new and groundbreaking they were when they came out. I love early Beatles stuff especially because they had that raw, live, frenzied sound, instead of the careful-sounding stuff that usually came out of studio recordings. I love John/Paul's harmonies, and I love the deceptively simple lyrics over complex chord structures.

I freaking love To Kill a Mockingbird. I think it's one of the best books ever written--I marvel at the craft of that book, and it's one of the few books that have ever moved me to tears. I also love 1984.

Colors sucks for having more than double my score in Mah Jong. :doh: How do you DO that? I can't freaking get past level 2!

Grey's Anatomy sucks, as does Desperate Housewives. Ugh.

Edited to add:

I haven't seen Gladiator, but surely it can't be a worse Best Picture winner than Forrest Gump (a movie made from a mixtape and operating on false nostalgia).

*standing ovation*

I can't for the life of me understand why people love Forrest Gump.

Also? Sally Field sucks. I hate her little scrunchy face as much as Pink hates Redford.