• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who sucks?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Which artists (with some modicum of critical acclaim) actually suck? Directors, authors, graphic artists, whatever? Who is completely overrated? Which creative emperors have no clothes?

First nominee, for Egregious Overratedness: My Bloody Valentine. Cool sounds, no songs to speak of, not a great example of the shoegazer aesthetic.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'll probably get creamed for this but I am not impressed by Neil Gaiman.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll probably get creamed for this but I am not impressed by Neil Gaiman.

LOL
50 cent = half-assed rapper
along with most of them,today

most top 40 artists
R&B and rap sucks right now
and jazz/rock are so watered down that they could give a handle of it to toddlers

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Whoever was responsible for The Usual Suspects: Most Overrated Movie of All Time.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Whoever was responsible for The Usual Suspects: Most Overrated Movie of All Time.

That was written by Christopher McQuarrie, and directed by Bryan Singer. I happened to like that film. How about A Beautiful Mind and Saving Private Ryan for ludicrously overrated films of the past ten years?

EDIT: Gladiator is one of the worst Best Picture Oscar winners in history. And I like Ridley Scott.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was written by Christopher McQuarrie, and directed by Bryan Singer. I happened to like that film. How about A Beautiful Mind and Saving Private Ryan for ludicrously overrated films of the past ten years?

and Antoine Fisher - Roots
If you didn't know, i'm your resident black basher

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

EDIT: Gladiator is one of the worst Best Picture Oscar winners in history. And I like Ridley Scott.
I agree with Gladiator, it was lame. I liked a Beautiful Mind and Saving Private Ryan quite a bit.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
and Antoine Fisher - Roots
If you didn't know, i'm your resident black basher

Wow, you're OD'ing on the Haterade, my man. I bet you hated The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer and Homeboys in Outer Space, too!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Spielberg made 'Saving Private Ryan' therefore no amount of praise could deem him overrated.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trent Reznor and Kurt Cobain.

There will be plenty more to come, of all mediums, once I start really thinking about it.

EDIT: in since you were all talking about best picture winners, I've already thought of one.
Chicago. That fucking movie did not deserve the awards.

sassafrassquatch

KISS is way over rated. Once I got around to listening to their music (which sucks (mostly)) it didn't seem to match up with their look at all.

Edit: Oh, and the Beatles suck. John Lennon sucks exponentially more than the Beatles collective suckiness.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
KISS is way over rated. Once I got around to listening to their music (which sucks (mostly)) it didn't seem to match up with their look at all.

Edit: Oh, and the Beatles suck. John Lennon sucks exponentially more than the Beatles collective suckiness.

LMAO
if i drank beer, i would be spitting it over my illegitimates right now