• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who sucks?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Well, they say it jokingly. But I bet there are a handful of people that really believe it.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
It's a nice analogy/metaphor/whatever for the spiritual world if you believe in the traditional God and Satan and us.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
It's definitely not a comedy for SJ's.

I like Family Guy, but there are other, better comedies. I have a very outlandish sense of humor, as well. I was just talking to my friend about, and had an extended riff on John McCain, sexual lubricant, a stun gun, and some Roman candles.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Have any better animated comedy TV shows in mind other than South Park and Family Guy?

Neither of them were ever as good as The Simpsons was in the mid-1990s. Plus, I like live-action comedies. I listed all the comedies of the last twenty years or so that I enjoy in another thread.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Neither of them were ever as good as The Simpsons was in the mid-1990s. Plus, I like live-action comedies. I listed all the comedies of the last twenty years or so that I enjoy in another thread.

Yeah I'll agree with that. Few shows, especially cartoons, can be that accessible to all types of people and remain that intelligent.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yeah I'll agree with that. Few shows, especially cartoons, can be that accessible to all types of people and remain that intelligent.

If Family Guy made it to a 20th season (besides that in and of itself being shocking), it would probably be damn near unwatchable. That's coming from a fan. American Dad sucks grundles.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
If Family Guy made it to a 20th season (besides that in and of itself being shocking), it would probably be damn near unwatchable. That's coming from a fan. American Dad sucks grundles.

American Dad sucks, seems like it's purpose is to squeeze some more cash out of Family Guy fans. And so does most of what's Adult Swim. Aqua Teen Force is overrated, but I do like how they use some improv and ad libbing.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
What happened to The Simpsons?

Did their good writers ask for a pay rise or something?

B

ByMySword

I think Pirates of the Carribean was the most overrated trilogy of all time!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, they're pirates all right. A bunch of fucking ass pirates if you ask me. :devil:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Pirates of the Caribbean was indeed overrated, Johnny Depp notwithstanding. I liked the second one better than the first, though. I'm not sure I made it all the way through the first. After the first half, it was just neverending, boring swordfighting.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Friends

I thought I'd like to join in the hate fest with a mention for the 'comedy' T.V. show Friends. I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I couldn't be bothered to trawl throught he 50+ pages of suggestions.

None of the characters are interesting, all of the story lines are completely contrived. Frankly, if I began feeling like I aspired to their lifestyle, I'd immediately set about killing myself.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I tried to watch Blackadder, which came highly recommended, and I made it ten minutes or so...so my snap judgment is....

Blackadder sucks!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I tried to watch Blackadder, which came highly recommended, and I made it ten minutes or so...so my snap judgment is....

Blackadder sucks!

Blackadder doesn't suck, but the 1st and 4th seasons aren't as good as the
2nd and 3rd. Watch the ones with Hugh Laurie as the Prince and the ones with Miranda Lambert as Queen Eliz I.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I think I just tried to watch the first episode. Maybe I'll try season 2 sometime.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Friends
None of the characters are interesting, all of the story lines are completely contrived. Frankly, if I began feeling like I aspired to their lifestyle, I'd immediately set about killing myself.
*Gets in line*