• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tropic Thunder controversies

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Awesome movie. Way funnier than I thought it would be. Jack Black is usually hit or miss with me, but he was my favorite in this film.

Favorite scene: When Stiller's adopted kid is on his back stabbing him with a knife and then Stiller throws him off a bridge.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't seen it, but it looked really funny. Except for the retard jokes. Because I know someone personally with down syndrome (and am friends with her), and therefore I'm really sensitive to that kind of thing. Personally, I don't think anyone should EVER use that word. EVER.:steam:

Edahn: You're probably right, but I can't get over my hatred of that word enough to appreciate the satire.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know what ALWAYS gets audiences outraged, though? Violence toward animals.

I have a theory about that: it's like hurting a baby. If that baby has ever done anything to hurt you, it was out of ignorance, and no matter how hurtful it may have been, that baby never could have deserved it. Ever. In a million years.

But then again, I'm such an animal lover that when I watched "I Am Legend", it felt like I was watching "Grave of the Fireflies". "I Am Legend" was one of only about five movies I've ever literally sobbed in (and three of them were before I was ten years old).

Brooke

MBTI Type
infj
I have a theory about that: it's like hurting a baby. If that baby has ever done anything to hurt you, it was out of ignorance, and no matter how hurtful it may have been, that baby never could have deserved it. Ever. In a million years.

But then again, I'm such an animal lover that when I watched "I Am Legend", it felt like I was watching "Grave of the Fireflies". "I Am Legend" was one of only about five movies I've ever literally sobbed in (and three of them were before I was ten years old).

I didn't watch I Am Legend because I heard about the end first... Also, I think I'm actually more okay with hurting babies in movies than animals.

KIDDING, geez.:D