• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Live Long and Prosper" -- the Passing of Leonard Nimoy

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll miss this guy. And not just Trek -- I always used to watch him on "In Search Of" as a kid.

leonard_nimoy_19g2ubb-19g2ucb.jpg

Apparently his last tweet (from Sunday):

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP
— Leonard Nimoy (@TheRealNimoy) February 23, 2015

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
First Egon now Spock.

Live long and don't cross the streams.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll miss this guy. And not just Trek -- I always used to watch him on "In Search Of" as a kid.

I watched that show, too. I just woke up and read this news...feeling kinda devastated. Crazy, I know but there it is.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was kind of sad.

I watched that show, too. I just woke up and read this news...feeling kinda devastated. Crazy, I know but there it is.

Yeah. I mean, it's more just like the end of an age -- doesn't my life significantly in the day-to-day, but just sad, since I knew of him since childhood.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As I saw someone post on Twitter earlier today (not sure if this was genius or bad taste!) --

"He's dead, Jim."

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:(

Gonna miss you man. Without you Star Trek wouldn't have become as famous and it would have died a quick death.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I must add, you put sexiness in stoic nature.

Christian Bale did it next.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My affection for Star Trek came with the new movies. I was one of those kids.. Star Trek was beyond my time, and without nerdy parents I really didn't see the big deal until I was primed with other shows and movies. I always had a bit of an affection for campy shows, Firefly deeply seated that affection, and while feeling a bit lost after its very short end came and having been recently sparked with a fire of passion for the show via the 1st new movie, I started watching random episodes of the old series with my boyfriend. It is great bonding, and laughing over some of the absurd things said in the show from back then while seeing all sorts of ideas that... while they seem very unoriginal, were very bold and daring back then and created the platform for those concepts.

In Search Of is the name of my blog on here. I loved that show, and it was what I knew Mr. Nimoy for before Spock. But Spock is definitely my favorite character, and he's like the original Dwight Schrute .. Not the star of the show, but such a star of the show that the show would really suck without him.

My mother always bragged that she loved Star Trek and that they were daring enough to have an interracial kiss back when it was so taboo to show that sort of thing on TV.

It is really sad to lose him. So I'll post something happy and funny instead. (Btw, I don't think 'He's dead, Jim' is in bad taste.. it is heart-string-pulling though.)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We watched Trouble With Tribbles and Wrath of Khan last night :).