• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Daredevil (tv 2015)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, I finished episode 8.

There's one thing in the face of #MeToo here...

Anyway, it's definitely continuing to move along nicely.

I wish the actor playing Foggy (Eldon Hensen) was better. He definitely is a likable actor, but he's just not in the same league as Charlie Cox (Matt) or Deborah Ann Woll (Karen) in terms of raw acting talent although he's not as bad as Keanu. Even some of the supporting cast outshines him (like the newspaper editor).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, only one episode to go. I love it when a show finally becomes binge-able, my recommendation for Season 3 is just to stick it out until Episode 4, where things finally kick in.

Good backstory episode on Karen. Again, Woll is such a great actress -- she's instinctive. And you could tell she's playing a younger version of herself, while still being her (and kind of alluding to the comic book backstory any readers would know).

Also there's some great scenes between Matt and Karen (they were not overwritten, which is why I love them -- TRUST YOUR ACTORS). Also when the "band gets back together" -- very cool.

Nadeen's story headed in the direction I thought it would.

I like the way the Vanessa storyline has gone as well. Glad they did that.

Last episode! Definitely better than season 2, it's up there with Season 1 once it got going.

Matt is so driven, so perfectionist and judging others sometimes.... the moralistic devil.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Finished it last night.

Decent season.

I like what they did with Bullseye, it caught the tone and feel of the character and the general plot arc even if the specifics were different from the comic book in some ways.

I felt like the characters got more play this season as well, versus just plotting. If you can connect with the characters, that's what makes a show resonate. Because you care what happens to them. I like that Matt was dealing with darker issues related to rage, justice, forgiveness... There are some similarities between him and Dex that way, but Matt had friends and the church to anchor him. In any case, sometimes Matt was not likable. I'm glad they were willing to grapple with that.

Even the superficial stuff like the fighting went down as it should; I think Matt is a better fighter overall than Bullseye (and this showed), but Bullseye has that wicked ability going for him that makes him hard to deal with, and he's slightly mad and it unhinges him / keeps him driven. I'm also glad they never tried to mutant-ize him or try to explain his powers, the show just showed them without getting caught up in all that junk.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As everyone knows, they canceled Daredevil as a series in late November. Good bye, sweet blind prince. At least Season 3 was a decent season.

There was a lot of speculation that Marvel has been canceling all the Defenders-related Netflix series, to get them back in their fold. That theory made sense. Only Jessica Jones has not faced the chopping block, and her showrunner has left the series as per post-production of Season 3. So poor Jessica is expected to get whacked too.

Here's the thing: This past weekend, I read comments by folks involved in the Daredevil series that expressed that the Marvel execs were shocked / surprised over Daredevil getting whacked. The writers team had already blocked out Season 4 story-wise. It doesn't seem like Marvel has any plans for the Defenders and in addition the contract agreement locks up use of the characters for the next 18 months.

It really sounds like NETFLIX made this decision... which is bizarre because I think all the actors were keen on it and it's been one of their most popular streams. I don't really get it. Either Netflix is really investing in other projects or someone just wanted a clean break from Marvel properties.

The cancellations could also be a case of budgetary concerns as series (sci-fi series especially) tend to become more expensive as they progress. Also Netflix may have taken on more than it could handle with it’s rapid expansion into the television series market. A third factor could be the over saturation of super hero movies/tv shows/video games. The entertainment industry can’t help itself when it comes to milking a genre to the point that the public becomes disinterested.

Sad, because I enjoyed Daredevil. Haven’t watched the 3rd season yet.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Netflix executives-network executives
9981afe0b54c7e9a43593bd50e6f29f1.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The cancellations could also be a case of budgetary concerns as series (sci-fi series especially) tend to become more expensive as they progress. Also Netflix may have taken on more than it could handle with it’s rapid expansion into the television series market. A third factor could be the over saturation of super hero movies/tv shows/video games. The entertainment industry can’t help itself when it comes to milking a genre to the point that the public becomes disinterested.

Sad, because I enjoyed Daredevil. Haven’t watched the 3rd season yet.

Yeah, I thought they might have wanted to recoup the money to cover other costs regardless...

But yeah, overall it was decent. Season 3 is about on par with Season 1. (Season 2 had some focus issues.)

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Watched the 3rd season. It was brought the series back to the season 1 glory.

Heard Netflix is cancelling the show though. I hope someone picks it up.