• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Better Call Saul (spoilers)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
That was as perfect a finale as anyone could deliver.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just watched the court scene again to brush up on my details.

I think it is an interesting question (with a focal point of the Time Machine) of the possibility of change. So many people in these series did not change. Some tried but couldn't. Mike resigned himself and used it as an act of service to the people he loved. Nacho tried to change but couldn't escape. But Gus was offered a change at normal living from time to time; the last thing we see of him, he gives up and sticks with his drug cartel leader role. Chuck even tells Jimmy that maybe he could change but has nothing to say when Jimmy asks him if he ever will change (Chuck never does change). Walt never changes. People are remarkably resilient in sticking with what they are.

Yet Jimmy manages to change a bit, even if it is only merely using his conning powers in a non-selfish way for once. He can't change who he is, but he can change what he does despite the difficulty.

About Montrose:

As another thing, BCS manages to be the sequel/prequel that ends up feeling bigger than the original story. It was rather sneaky -- timewise, they bookended BB. We see Jimmy and Kim as kids and also later after the BB timeline. The plot literally makes BB just feel like smaller chapters within its story. Walt's empire is really just a chapter of Jimmy's life, where Jimmy recognized Walt's potential and cultivated it, and then dealt with the fallout.

I also think Walt had some course correction here -- he feels smaller, more petty, more obsessive, all the worst traits of Walter White. Less heroic, more just like an obsessive petty man who had his moment, then destroyed himself. I like that they put him more in perspective.

Last edited:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I just watched the court scene again to brush up on my details.

I think it is an interesting question (with a focal point of the Time Machine) of the possibility of change. So many people in these series did not change. Some tried but couldn't. Mike resigned himself and used it as an act of service to the people he loved. Nacho tried to change but couldn't escape. But Gus was offered a change at normal living from time to time; the last thing we see of him, he gives up and sticks with his drug cartel leader role. Chuck even tells Jimmy that maybe he could change but has nothing to say when Jimmy asks him if he ever will change (Chuck never does change). Walt never changes. People are remarkably resilient in sticking with what they are.

Yet Jimmy manages to change a bit, even if it is only merely using his conning powers in a non-selfish way for once. He can't change who he is, but he can change what he does despite the difficulty.

About Montrose:

As another thing, BCS manages to be the sequel/prequel that ends up feeling bigger than the original story. It was rather sneaky -- timewise, they bookended BB. We see Jimmy and Kim as kids and also later after the BB timeline. The plot literally makes BB just feel like smaller chapters within its story. Walt's empire is really just a chapter of Jimmy's life, where Jimmy recognized Walt's potential and cultivated it, and then dealt with the fallout.

I also think Walt had some course correction here -- he feels smaller, more petty, more obsessive, all the worst traits of Walter White. Less heroic, more just like an obsessive petty man who had his moment, then destroyed himself. I like that they put him more in perspective.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I did go back and start rewatching Breaking Bad after finishing BCS -- and honestly, Jimmy wasn't exaggerating too much about his impact on Walt and Jesse's success. Sure, he didn't cook or distribute the meth, as he acknowledged, but he really did see an opportunity and proceeded to push and prod them (along with hooking them up with Gus) repeatedly when it seemed that either of them might be trying to back out, mainly because he was financially profiting off their success. His involvement can't really be understated.

It's also hard to be reminded of how much he embraced the Saul Goodman persona, compared to S1E1 of BCS -- totally amoral, jaded, indifferent to the impact of what he's doing, acting cocksure all the time and conscienceless. He totally did give himself over to that role without any brakes.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member

just-a-matter.gif

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I saw that. It's right up there with Lightyear.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now I want a cinnabon.

Actually, I've always wanted cinnabons.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I miss them already.
(obviously they'll be doing other things... probably separately... but I'll miss this incarnation of them)

odenkirk-seehorn[1].jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I usually don't feel fan love for actors, but I love these guys so much...
They're so young here! (Both in their 20's.) Bob cracks me up, that is such a mid-80's guy look.

FB_IMG_1664905833731.jpg

FB_IMG_1664905822088.jpg

Last edited:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now I want a cinnabon.

Actually, I've always wanted cinnabons.

This damn show with Cinnabon.

I made cinnamon rolls & icing from scratch for the 1st time ever this year solely because this show invaded my brain. They were glorious, & I saved them to eat while I watched this series.

Twin Peaks did something similar to me with coffee/doughnuts, come to think of it...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This damn show with Cinnabon.

I made cinnamon rolls & icing from scratch for the 1st time ever this year solely because this show invaded my brain. They were glorious, & I saved them to eat while I watched this series.

Twin Peaks did something similar to me with coffee/doughnuts, come to think of it...
After that post, I got inspired and went on Grubhub -- yes Cinnabon delivers.

So I got a pack of Cinnabons for the first time in like many years. It was glorious!

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
blow-amanda-quail.gif

Talking about Cinnabon is like^

I am empty. Perhaps I can be filled with cinnabon...