• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

An 8-year old girl watches her own birth video and reacts admirably

Senkrad

MBTI Type
FiTe
Enneagram
YwX
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Her reaction is very cute. No where close to mine when I accidentally found pictures of my siblings birth.
I saw body parts of my mother I have never seen and never wanted to see.

Chthonic

I just don't get what fascination and wonder with child reactions to various stimuli is. Is it just the cute factor? Or is it because society treats children as non-functioning beings then gets all excited about a child proving them wrong? The number of cute kid videos on you tube is mind boggling. I'm not sure I see it in a favourable light tbh.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I just don't get what fascination and wonder with child reactions to various stimuli is. Is it just the cute factor? Or is it because society treats children as non-functioning beings then gets all excited about a child proving them wrong? The number of cute kid videos on you tube is mind boggling. I'm not sure I see it in a favourable light tbh.

Sometimes its just the cute factor. But.. people like kids. Kids doing anything is cool to people because kids are like a big deal to adults. A huge deal. Most adults are in families.. or want families.. or have families of their own. When kids are in your family somehow, you can't help but learn to love them. Even if you don't like kids as a concept, most adults recognize that disliking THAT kid because you dislike kids is really punishing a kid for circumstances they don't understand and have no control over.. so you're at least civil to them, and play along with their lame jokes and stuff. (I'm not talking the occasional nutjob here.) So if people who don't like kids are like that.. people who DO like kids just enjoy seeing kids.

Even if you don't have/want kids of your own, many adults still get a kick out of seeing other people's children for a variety of reasons. Sometimes they want a pick-me-up of child-like innocence or a reprise from a shitty day filled with negative people... and.. it's refreshing to see, for example, a small child reacting with more maturity to something like childbirth when you had to deal with that shitty immature dude that rolled his eyes at you while you were breastfeeding your child today because he thought it was a disgusting bodily function that should be hidden. (Didn't happen to me, but real story.. except she watched some other video of a kid being mature.)

Chthonic

So it's about kids not being socially programmed fully and therefore being who we would be if social programming hadn't made us into the miserable !@#$ we are today? I don't hate kids btw, I just don't get kid fascination. Her reactions seems like a completely normal one, as long as you don't have myriad hangups about vagina's and little heads popping out of them.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So it's about kids not being socially programmed fully and therefore being who we would be if social programming hadn't made us into the miserable !@#$ we are today? I don't hate kids btw, I just don't get kid fascination. Her reactions seems like a completely normal one, as long as you don't have myriad hangups about vagina's and little heads popping out of them.

Hahaha. Yeah, a bit. I mean, it's called child-like for a reason. Kids don't have much in the way of filters.. they're raw ideas, interpreted from the world around them, and translated into whatever they can figure out in their evolving brains. It's pretty interesting watching them. What they can do 2 months later that was impossible such a short time ago. Seeing them super proud of something pretty lame to us. There's a lot of great stuff there in that ignorance and innocence. This guy said it best.

The world's a lot happier when there are happy people in it. Kids, I think, compose a vast majority of the happy population. They don't know any better, and so they can just.. be happy. All the time. Adults seem to have a lot of issues with that.

I mean.. as far as the hang-ups thing.. many people are hung up about that stuff. (literally the poster above you is still hung up about it.) Lots of people think its just.. gross.