• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pineapple Express

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Best comedy ever made?

Give me your opinions and then I will respond.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I love comedies, I love Judd Apatow, and I love Seth Rogen.

But I have very little desire to see this movie, and I'm not sure why.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I can't believe David Gordon Green directed that film. That is both awesome and really weird and possibly ill-advised. I will see it on Sunday.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I want to see this. I have a feeling that it may be the best film ever in the action-stoner genre.

ring the bell

I loved this movie. Seth Rogen comes across very believable, likeable, and just real in everything I've seen him in so far. I took some very staunch non-stoners to it and they even dug it.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This movie surprised me. I thought it would be another stoner comedy with surprisingly deep characters, but instead it turned into a balls out action movie parody. It actually shocked me a bit, but it turned out the action scenes were the funniest parts.

I wouldn't put it up there with Apatow's best, it's up there with the likes of "Superbad". I could also tell they had a blast making this movie.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I want to see this. 40 yo Virgin was one of the funniest movies ever made, and a lot of the major players are involved here.

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
I loved Pineapple Express. Funniest movie I have seen this year. (And I saw step bros. twice)

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's really amazing.

the best part for me is the combat scenes, they display the perfect ability level of the characters.

this movie melds realism with fantastic plot twists amazingly well.

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I love this movie. Two friends and I went to go see it one afternoon, and there were five or six other people in the theatre, and us three were the ONLY ones laughing, which made the experiance better.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Very funny movie, funniest I've seen this year along with Step Brothers. I hope Bottle Shock, Tropic Thunder, and Hamlet 2 all live up to the hype.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tropic Thunder is good. Another comedy flick that uses action and violence as the source of the R-rated humor. It wouldn't surprise me if this becomes the trend, replacing the gross-out comedies for awhile.

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
Love Pineapple Express! Saw it thrice. Hope to see it again maybe. Best comedy of the summer and I also saw Step Bros thrice and Tropic Thunder (once was more than enough)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It's good, but slow at times. I'd say Tropic Thunder's more entertaining overall.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I couldn't really get into it...I preferred Tropic Thunder. I'm not totally jiving with that "keep talking till something funny materializes in this random conversation" style that's so prevalent in the Apatow movies, though I did like the 40 Year Old Virgin.

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
So this movie after herbal aroma therapy session.

Very funny movie.

So this movie without the benefit of a prior herbal aroma therapy session.

Still pretty darn funny.

Both times I thought the last scene was unnecessary and would have been stronger if it ended before that.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I freaking loved it. I didn't expect anything when going into the theatre and came out pleasantly (and with hurting sides) suprised. Quite good indeed.