• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which gaming systems do you own?

Which gaming system(s) do you own?

• Total voters

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
What is your hardware setup?

Since you asked:

Q6600 @ 3.0ghz. (Zerotherm BTF90 cooler)
ATI Radeon 4850HD
4gbs OCZ Platnium XTC
Abit Fatal1ty F-190HD. (I normally avoid "Fatal1ty" products, but I got an incredibly deal on it open box.)
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Antec EA500.

Not super high-end, but thanks to catching a bunch of good sales, all the parts above probably cost less than $500, and I have a back room that looks like this for all the other parts. (There are two more shelves that look the same as that too.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I usually upgrade my computer gradually. The CPU doesn't need to be replaced nearly as much as the video card when it comes to games.

I'll eventually get a second HD 4850 to Crossfire, although I'd probably have to upgrade my power supply, too.

LucrativeSid

I know that for a 23 year old guy, this is very uncommon, but I do not own a single gaming system. I own a PC, of course, but it's old and I don't have a single game on it.

Maybe if I was rich and my money and time were a lot less important to me...

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mostly game on my PC and PS2. I mostly play RPGs and strategy games with an ocasional action oriented game when somethign exceptional like BioShock or Mass Effect comes along, and the PC is usualy the best option for those (but I'm realy starting to loathe securom, so adding a 360 for the games that come out for both is gettign really tempting), but when a new Suikoden or Star Ocean title comes out I'll probably get whatever modern console I need to play it.

Append
Everyone, if you have pre-7th gen consoles, you should feel free to to list them in the thread.
PS2 - which I still use fairly often

Boxed up, but sometimes I dust them off for nostalgia
Dreamcast
N64
PS1

Used to have, but either gave away or died of use and old age
Genesis
SNES
Sega Mastersystem
NES
Odyssey
Atari 2600

PC is...
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (stock HS, no overclocking), 4GB RAM, ASUS P5N-D (capable of SLI, but the board config and case I've put it in is too tight to comfortably do it unless I find some good compact/short vid cards), GeForce 9600 GT, Vista 32 Home Premium. The rest of the parts are fairly inconsequential to gaming.

Ellpell

MBTI Type
INFP
All of 'em ;)
Technically the ps3 belongs to one of my roommates, but our parents taught us to share :p

CharmedFantasy

MBTI Type
IxFJ
I personally like RPG, strategy battle tactics, action/adventure games, and sometimes horror games. Playstation(1,2) are my favorite consoles because it seems to have the most rpg based games compared to xbox and other consoles. Haven't really gotten the urge to get playstation 3 yet because there doesn't seem to be any good games for it yet and it's a bit expensive right now :x Gaming systems I play right now are playstation1,2, gamecube (which are mine) xbox, wii (my brother's) and the pc.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I currently have a Wii, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 4. I have a PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 but neither are functioning, I should throw them out. I only use the PC for Sims so I shouldn't vote that in the poll.

SirCanSir

MBTI Type
hmm
Enneagram
hmm
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pc always gives you the most options. Its expensive though to stay updated and renew your hardware often if needed.
I still consider it the best choice if you have other uses for it also. Plus the games overall cost less and come in better deals so in the long term that gives you access to more titles.
Still an expensive hobby. But damn messing with your hardware and seeing the results in both efficiency and aesthetics is satisfying as hell.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll just list everything I've ever had.

Gameboy Color, PlayStation 2, Gameboy SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi, PlayStation Portable, 3DS XL, Nintendo Switch, PC.

I've always preferred console games. The kinesthetic / physical experience is just quite different. There's more hand coordination required and it becomes a physical experience as well. I've also always enjoyed that it's portable. The only plus PCs have over console games for me is that, obviously, the screen is bigger- but most importantly, that modding is much easier on PC.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Playstation 1, 2, 3 and 4. Nintendo 64. PC, obviously. I much prefer PC over Console these days. I may eventually get a Playstation 5 just to have, but I probably wouldn't end up playing it much.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll just list everything I've ever had.

Gameboy Color, PlayStation 2, Gameboy SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi, PlayStation Portable, 3DS XL, Nintendo Switch, PC.

I've always preferred console games. The kinesthetic / physical experience is just quite different. There's more hand coordination required and it becomes a physical experience as well. I've also always enjoyed that it's portable. The only plus PCs have over console games for me is that, obviously, the screen is bigger- but most importantly, that modding is much easier on PC.

Youuuu never had a gamecube?

the gamecube was such a staple of my gaming childhood XD

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I primarily play on PC nowadays, through Steam and GOG. I also have a handheld Atari, which has a lot of predownloaded games so that's awesome. I played on the PS3 for awhile, but something happened with it and I couldn't figure out to set it up with the TV so it was neglected for awhile. Also, my dog's kennel had to sit in front of the TV in our bathroom. Yup, we gamed in our bathroom(it's a second bathroom we built but upstairs is still the primary one and the second bathroom has a bunch of random stuff in it). I still live with my parents, and they decided to take the PS3 upstairs for Netflix so aw well. When our internet goes out for awhile, we don't have a regular DVD player so we pull out our old PS2 and watch DVDs on that. Which, prompts me to do some gaming on there. We still have a Wii which was also used for Netflix for awhile until the remote died so now it is just collecting dust. I played on it for awhile but we didn't really have room for it when I moved into this house and the PS3 took over as our primary console. I also still have my DSi, which is in fairly good condition still(have had it for 10 years) so sometimes I play on that for the nostalgia factor.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only plus PCs have over console games for me is that, obviously, the screen is bigger- but most importantly, that modding is much easier on PC.

One understated benefit of PC gaming is with platforms such as Steam you can consolidate all your games into one place. Also, with PC, you can generally set higher quality in-game settings than you'd be able to get with the one's the system defaults to on console games.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
alright of the list of consoles we've had......

gameboy (I never played it myself though)
Xbox (played it a couple times)
xbox 360
xbox one
playstation 2, 3, and 4
Wii
Wii U
Gamecube
Switch
Nintendo Ds and 3DS

I played some gamecube games (kirby airride, pokemon channel, animal crossings), I became heavier on gaming aspects when I had a 3DS. I then traded that off because we needed money at the time... but it is all good I have a switch of my own now. I paid for it so. I play some PC games too. But I don't think I am a hardcore gamer of sorts I only play cute games. XD

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Youuuu never had a gamecube?

the gamecube was such a staple of my gaming childhood XD

No. Despite my list, I wasn't actually a huge gamer, at least not on the level my peers who called themselves gamers were at.

(also don't know what a gamecube is, had to Google)

One understated benefit of PC gaming is with platforms such as Steam you can consolidate all your games into one place. Also, with PC, you can generally set higher quality in-game settings than you'd be able to get with the one's the system defaults to on console games.

When I had my DSes I enjoyed my cartridges, and now we have the Nintendo eShop, so that takes care of having a centralised game distributor. Not sure about the other consoles. There's the higher quality with PCs, but most the games I have wanted to play have been on console anyway, so they have been satisfactory in meeting my wishes in games / lack of quality has never been something I struggled with.

I like them live 2D and pixel art.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i have a nintendo 3DS, nintendo Switch, and a macbook that crashes when i play certain games :cry:

i had a gameboy, gameboy color, and briefly lived with an n64 that didn’t belong to me. never had a non-nintendo console!

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Playstation 4, playstation 2, Xbox one, Xbox 360, original Xbox, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance sp

Steam games for my laptop pc

I'm somewhat of a streamer so I guess it makes sense I've always been really into games

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Xbox One (with Game Pass and mic).
Xbox 360 (on which I probably mostly play Xbox Original Games on)..
that're hooked up to any TV.
I have 3 TVs, those two, and two TiVo boxes from Virgin Media, who also do my broadband and home phone.

My Xbox One is great for my AmazonPrime as is my newer and main TiVo box. On AmazonPrime I also got that channel BritBox.

I mean, I've got an Original Xbox somewhere with no leads or controllers but a awesome hardrive of saved songs and game data...

I have like one PC game on here and I stopped playing Tapped Out, a The Simpsons Game as I wasted free donuts and cold hard cash but felt sore about the donuts?!