• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just read Cell's posts aloud if you're having trouble understanding them.

I think someone infected him with the ee cummings virus.

Crabs

Permabanned
[MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] [MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION]

Anakins's seduction and fall to the dark side might seem absurd to some, but I see parallels to modern Islamic terrorism (as opposed to the average, disgruntled mass-shooter who simply hates himself and everyone else). A lot of young Muslims are being indoctrinated and swayed into killing for a philosophy: "the West is the enemy and must be destroyed - men, women, children, everyone!" It's absurd and irrational to us, but apparently makes a lot of sense to them.

I think Star Wars attracts more S types. I have been noticing this of late. They are the ones who really seem to dig it, more than N types.

N types seem to prefer Star Trek and James Bond. Not sure why? :thinking:

You might be on to something. I'm likely an NF, possibly NT, and I prefer the new Star Trek and Bond movies to Star Wars. In reality, there is most likely no correlation. In fact, it seems like it would be the opposite with the Force and it's universal impact on everything.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^There either is or is not a correlation though. It cannot be both ways.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You might be on to something. I'm likely an NF, possibly NT, and I prefer the new Star Trek and Bond movies to Star Wars. In reality, there is likely no correlation though. Actually, it seems like it would be the opposite, what with the Force and it's universal impact on everything.

I like the Force and the eastern-inspired influences of the Jedi. Star Trek probably is a better universe to live in, though.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like the Force and the eastern-inspired influences of the Jedi. Star Trek probably is a better universe to live in, though.

Yes. In SW, most people are probably nobodies. In ST, it seems like Federation culture values all people reaching their full potential. Even the Borg probably have it better than commoners in SW universe.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Yes. In SW, most people are probably nobodies. In ST, it seems like Federation culture values all people reaching their full potential. Even the Borg probably have it better than commoners in SW universe.

Slightly less chance of your planet getting blown up too.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One planet, bro... one planet!

Oh and Romulus too.

Two planets, bro...

Well...it's a stretch, but it could be argued that thousands of worlds were destroyed by the borg, although they were really just destroying/assimilating civilizations. Still, a fate in some ways worse than total annihilation.