• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

93JC

My boner is large.

anigif_enhanced-19151-1417192623-1.gif

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I just watched the real trailer.

Holy shit jesus has joined the dark side.

Edit - wow racism even among star wars fans? :(

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I give the allegedly real Star Wars trailer 1 out of 10 stars.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God, I'm dying and trying to avoid all the spoiler news and not even think about this movie (9 months to go?). But then I read this page about the probable trailer contents in another month or two (the upcoming Trailer 2) and I go nuts again thinking about how potentially cool this movie might actually be -- and how it's been probably 32 years since I felt this way about a Star Wars movie.

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer #2 Rumored Description Emerges

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Earth has cities, forests, oceans, clouds and deserts. Therefore, Star Wars must have a city planet, a cloud planet, a desert planet, a forest planet, and an ocean planet. But the Earth also has roosters. So where's the cock planet?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm curious to know if the Boyega character is a rebel infiltrator, or part of the Empire (possibly a defector). It would be especially interesting if it was the latter.

I'll bet the cool Luke Skywalker rumor I heard was true. Excellent... it sounded like an awesome original idea.

The wreckage of Star Destroyers was thematically intriguing. It recalled the original trilogy, yet the rust suggested that this would be an entirely new beast, not a mere remake.

Again, I like the medieval influence on that Sith Lord helmet.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually cried at the end. I'm so pathetic.
But seriously, this is like a cultural landmark, with resonance -- and kind of the "true" heir to the original movies, versus all that prelude crap. It's pretty sad when a stupid teaser evokes more pathos than full-length features.

Basically the movie characters have aged as much as the viewers have. There's a cool kind of resonance there. They are returning, and so are we. And we all have the feeling (characters and audience) of that time passing.

---

I loved the ruins of the star destroyer there. Cool opening shot. Again, it suggests the passage of time, the ruins of the past, searching for something that has been lost... and then of course, is found as we hear a phrase we recognize from prior stories.

We finally saw a few glimpses of Sith reminiscent of the computer games, where the Sith really got to do something. Looks great.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am surprised that I am cautiously excited about this movie. I suppose all of my cynicism was a defense mechanism against George Lucas. Hell, I think I held INTJs everywhere accountable for his sins.

I do have to say that I am a bit apprehensive about Han looking the same as he did so many years ago. Does that mean he had been drifting, lost in space, for years or is he just actually the braggadocios man-child that he seemed?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He looked old to me. His face is wrinkly, his hair is gray, his voice is raspy.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He looked old to me. His face is wrinkly, his hair is gray, his voice is raspy.

Yeah, he's older. I dunno, I guess I hoped he'd be all settled in by now. He's probably flying that old ship still.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I thought they were coming back to it, in that last bit.

My only quibble is Chewbacca should have some grey at the temples too.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
(Before the nerds attack: I know they live a super long time, it was just a joke, geez, relax.)

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought they were coming back to it, in that last bit.

My only quibble is Chewbacca should have some grey at the temples too.

I think he's secretly using Just for Wookiesâ„¢.