• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jurassic World

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't even know. :unsure:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's sad when a high point is seeing BD Wong back (for continuity), albeit with grey at the temples.

So, what, can the Big Bad now talk to the pterodactyls?

Crabs

Permabanned
i'm looking forward to it. the storyline sounds better than the last two sequels. too bad it doesn't have an R rating. i'm tired of seeing these vicious monsters being all politically correct and not killing women and children. not that i want to see women and children getting killed, but in the wild, it's usually the most vulnerable who get eaten first. even jaws understood this; although in shark-infested waters, pretty much everyone is equally f*cked. :mrtoothy: with this huge crowd of visitors, it's going to be really stupid and redundant if the dinosaurs run around picking off adult males like a buffet. aside from that, i hope they don't have any cheesy action sequences intended to build suspense while inevitably sparing the lives of the main cast (e.g., velociraptor attacks person and gnaws on her backpack instead of her head...and she escapes; or little girl defeats several raptors by doing gymnastics.) :mellow:

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
little girl defeats several raptors by doing gymnastics.

Damn, and here I thought full twisting triple back somersault was the surest way to defeat them.

Back to the drawing board.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm seeing it; I don't even care how stupid it looks. I have a love of dinosaurs that goes back to my childhood. Dinosaurs eating people = yes.

Still, it'd be nice if they didn't make everything CGI. The animatronics were what made the original Jurassic Park so great.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Jurrasic Universe! Mine! I came up with it, I have proof now, and I get the royalties! Or or or... Jurassic Galaxy!! Where the dinosaurs travel from planet to planet! Yeah! Our dinosaurs see that the meteor is coming, so they have to formulate a plot to save themselves and their futures so they force all of the pterydactyls to lift them off and carry them out into outer space and then they travel from planet to planet to search for a place to live and along the way! And since the dinosaurs have left then that means that the humans are able to thrive, but now the dinosaurs are getting homesick so they decide to come back and we end up having to fight the dinosaurs in DINO WAR I or the WAR BETWEEN the SPECIES and thats what the movie will be about.

Or maybeee the dinosaurs can be the planets and because of all the pollution and global warming the Tyrannasourus EARTH wakes up and it wants to destroy usss... -hmm wait actually that sounds like the plot to some other movie that I saw where the guy came to eart and said that he was here to save earth but he was actually coming to save earth from the humans and no one knew until the end and they had to like convince him of how special the humans were by showing like the power of love or something and he was kinda like uhhh fine Ill let u guys live as long as you become like feral and live off the land.

Crabs

Permabanned
Jurrasic Universe! Mine! I came up with it, I have proof now, and I get the royalties! Or or or... Jurassic Galaxy!! Where the dinosaurs travel from planet to planet!

someone in the comments section on youtube beat you to it. i interpreted the title of the film to be like sea world, rather than dinosaurs taking over the world.

Damn, and here I thought full twisting triple back somersault was the surest way to defeat them.

Back to the drawing board.

i was referring to a scene from the lost world. ;) having found the clip, however, i stand corrected; it was one velociraptor, not several. and the backpack scenario was in that film, as well.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
If y'all are serious on watching this movie then y'all can drop dead.

It immediately looks like an abomination.
[MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION]

Yes, the dialogue is atrocious. Anyone educated will know that straight off the bat.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...i hope they don't have any cheesy action sequences intended to build suspense while inevitably sparing the lives of the main cast (e.g., velociraptor attacks person and gnaws on her backpack instead of her head...and she escapes; or little girl defeats several raptors by doing gymnastics.) :mellow:

I think this is a job for ... Lara Croft.

!!! TOMB RAIDER PARK !!!

tomb_raider___i__lost_valley_by_red8ull-d5b2clo.jpg

... where mediocre movie meets mediocre movie and no one knows what the offspring will look like.

Crabs

Permabanned
I think this is a job for ... Lara Croft.

... where mediocre movie meets mediocre movie and no one knows what the offspring will look like.

supposedly a reboot is in the works based on the most recent game. hopefully it turns out better than its predecessors.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
supposedly a reboot is in the works based on the most recent game. hopefully it turns out better than its predecessors.

Do you mean the Lara Croft movies?

I hope so. Angelina Jolie sure looked and acted the part, but the movies themselves were terrible. Meanwhile, the reboot / pre-game with her as a teenager was just a very tremendous game, very high game reviews.

The acting in that trailor looks horrendous

You found some acting?

Which frame?

Crabs

Permabanned
Do you mean the Lara Croft movies?

I hope so. Angelina Jolie sure looked and acted the part, but the movies themselves were terrible. Meanwhile, the reboot / pre-game with her as a teenager was just a very tremendous game, very high game reviews.

yeah, lara croft in the jolie movies was a bit too over-sexualized and focused on fashion to be taken seriously as a famed adventurer/archaeologist.

of course, that was partly because she was over-sexualized in the original games. there's a lot of potential to make a respectable franchise out of the reboot if they lay off the cheesy, unrealistic stunts. that's what annoyed the most about the indiana jones series; not the supernatural elements, but the absurdly cartoonish action sequences.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
When Spinosaurus killed T-rex.

I think that's when things got a little interesting.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Finally saw this today (IMAX 3D).

it was fun but without as much depth as the first movie basically.

Things I liked (and yes, there are spoilers):

Things I hated:

I also witnessed the power of editing, once again.

That stupid clip of Claire and Owen talking, released shortly before the film came out, where he sounds like a misogynist ass? Turns out that that scene comes after both of their characters are established in the movie, and by that point we know she's kind of a workaholic flake and he's actually a pretty decent / respectful human being, so in the movie it comes off more like he's just taking a few deserved pokes at her because she was such a flake on their single date, just to needle her a little.

--

I thought I recognized the boys. The eldest was the lead in the movie, "The Kings of Summer."

The younger one was the son in the Insidious movies.

Crabs

Permabanned
Finally saw this today (IMAX 3D).

it was fun but without as much depth as the first movie basically.

definitely worth seeing in imax. too bad it lacks the spielbergian touch.

this is the second time that bryce dallas howard and judy greer have played sisters, the first being 'the village'.

things i liked and disliked (off the top of my head)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, we have mainly the same list, and there were things you mention that I didn't quite specify that I had the same opinion of.

There should have been a LOT of deaths. And not just from dinosaurs, but heart attacks, people getting trampled, etc.

About Claire and the paddock: