• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who likes french music?

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram

This is our national anthem in Gainsbourg's world:D

Balavoine who used to critic politicians openly, very sensitive, melancholic, and too much honest to be famous

Gainsbourg speaking of his own dick which name is Mickey Maousse:D

This is a song and an poetry written by Kipling. Lavilliers is an anarchist and a poeter himself.

This song is one of the nicest on earth ! It is a lesson for wisdom.

The tune is : "Then, you'll be a man my son !"

Oh, my good, that's so amazing. :D Thanks ExNinja so mucho...

Tous les cris des SOS is amazing, and Bernard Lavilliers is magnificent.

Hahah, Gainsbourg was so crazy dude, I found this clip and everytime I watch it I'm RTLFO e fuckin hwat
watch

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
and now some fun

from the Balkans

to join our brothers french

in silly temperament

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, my good, that's so amazing. :D Thanks ExNinja so mucho...

Tous les cris des SOS is amazing, and Bernard Lavilliers is magnificent.

Hahah, Gainsbourg was so crazy dude, I found this clip and everytime I watch it I'm RTLFO e fuckin hwat
watch

I suppose you already know "Mon légionnaire" was written by Edith Piaf:wink:

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
what about central asia?

Damn. Nice. Sounds like some pieces of Philip Glass. No wonder Philip Glass drew inspiration from the East, Amazonas and from Ancient (Egypt, etc).

I'm not sure, I see the connection between the Glass and the music of Central Asia, do you?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To answer the OP, the French do. I also find that Russians and the Japanese have Franco-hardons, usually affecting interests to show themselves as being cultured and educated.

[MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION], my brother, you know I love you. But in this short post you managed to express one of the sentiments that most bother me about contemporary American culture. This strange hate - resonating of strong, populist anti-intellectualism and anti-elisism (where being open to the world is already yingoistishly assumed to be snobbish elitism) - for France as a representation of everything that is wrong with the Old World. This idea that Euro culture is either trash or pretentious, that high culture is decadent and for snobs and somehow indecent and that anybody with an interest in European culture (high or low) must be a pretentious liar. Some of it seems to go all the way back to the pilgrims and a young nation looking for an identity of its own and strongly suspicious of foreign influences, so this might be the right season for it, but still ...

(not meaning you in particular, the post just rubbed me the wrong way because this is something I've had on my chest for years)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION]

Nobody?

*Rednecks* :sigh:

Oh RH, I was cranky at the time, and it's this sort of thing I resent. I like a few French musicians, but I resent the implication that I must like certain things to be cultured, and I doubly resent people who affect intelligence by collecting the 'right' interests.