• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beijing Summer Olympics 2008

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Olympic gold for the Aussie platform diver. He was fantastic and his reactions and emotions were touching. First, elation at his high score. Then, anxiety as he watched the next diver - he didn't realize he'd already set the bar unbeatably high. Next, happiness as his girlfriend hugged him, saying "Hon, you just won the gold medal." Finally, tears, as it all sank in.

It was awesome. But not his girlfriend (as Matthew Mitchum is the only openly gay male competing in the Olympics). Not that you would know that from NBC's coverage. :rolli:

I'm a little sad it's all over, but also a little relieved. 17 days is intense. At least the wait between Summer and Winter Olympics is short (~1.5 years). The wait between Winter and Summer is too long (~2.5 years).

ygolo

My termites win
Not that anyone else would care, but I figured I would check out Bernard's predictions

Total Medal Count Predictions vs Actual
U.S.A prediction-105 actual-110
China prediction-81 actual-100
Russia prediction-92 actual-72
GBR prediction-(Not in top 5) actual-47
Australia prediction-49 actual-46
Germany prediction-51 actual-41

Gold Medal Count Predictions vs. Actual
China prediction-37 actual-51
U.S.A. prediction-36 actual-36
Russia prediction-25 actual-23
GBR prediction-(not in top 5) actual-19
Germany prediction-(not in top 5) actual-16
Australia prediction-16 actual-14
Korea prediction-(not in top 5) actual-13
Japan prediction-17 actual-9

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I've been watching the paralympics this morning. Particularly interesting watching the cycling (where as with the able olympics, the GB is rocking in the medals). Quite amazed at this japanese guy who's legs are almost entirely metal and mechanical racing around the track.. not as fast the British guy though :)

The british guy lives and works near me.. and trains nearby. Poor guy.. first he damages his brain in a crash... in a coma.. struggles to recover. Then 10 years to the day later he is out delivering milk for a job, trips over a cat on a doorstep.. falls hurts the same part of his brain and ends up with cerebral palsy. Not a very lucky life. Still, great effort in the cycling though, he destroyed the opposition. It's odd.. watching them cycle you'd think they don't have major disabilities, so fast and talented... then afterwards collecting the medal it's all limping and leaning a crutch.

My heart and admiration goes out to them.