• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beijing Summer Olympics 2008

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
WOO NASTIA LIUKIN AND SHAWN JOHNSON! HOWEVER YOU SPELL THEIR NAMES! WOO! :D :static:

Wow. I freaking LOVE watching this stuff. Wow. They did SO well. I try to keep my bias for the American gymnasts to a minimum and try to appreciate what the other girls do right, but I doubt I do a very good job of it. I'm proud of all those gymnasts, though.

The adrenaline and nervousness and exhilaration they must feel when competing!

:happy2: :woot:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
nastiaor6.jpg

This was the picture on some internet story on the victory. I can't figure it out. I think she's ENFP by the way, VI. Not based on THIS silly picture though.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Man, Nastia was transcendent. :nice: Well-won. (With a balance beam possibly even better than her team all-around one.)

(And the replays of the NBC commentator Bella (sp?) watching the routines never gets old. Especially the hitting of Bob Costas.)

Mole

Permabanned
It's funny. I played sport at school but when I left, I stopped. And now when I read the newspaper every morning, I read every part, especially the comics, but I never read the Sports pages.

But still, I thrill to gold medal winners on the front page of the Australian.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The judges are getting ridiculous in women's gymnastics. Giving higher scores to Chinese when they practically fall off three times vs. an American who aces it.
Yes that was very frustrating.
But at least justice was done in the end.
I LOVE watching Bella Karolli watch the girls! He's fun!

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
The judges are getting ridiculous in women's gymnastics. Giving higher scores to Chinese when they practically fall off three times vs. an American who aces it.

Reminds me of the Soviet bloc days when the East Germans (skaters and gymnasts) could do no wrong and were scored on what they were capable of doing rather than what they had done.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's not the Winter Olympics? :devil:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Has anyone yet witnessed the travesty that is the boxing scoring system? I just watched about four matches, and I've come to the conclusion that the scoring is entirely arbitrary.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
[PIC]

This was the picture on some internet story on the victory. I can't figure it out. I think she's ENFP by the way, VI. Not based on THIS silly picture though.

I think she was possibly on the uneven bars in this pic, if that's what you can't figure out.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Im disappointed that the Chinese spectators booed and heckled the Korean archers, during their shooting, which may have cost Korea a gold medal in archery.

I have a feeling that the Olympic spirit is not as alive as it used to be.

Either way, I hope it gets revived in London!

ygolo

My termites win
Swimming remains the most exciting sport of these olympics. 1/100 of a second? Are you kidding me?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
LOL no that was obvious, I couldn't figure out why they picked that one.

Yeah, me either; there were no doubt a billion better ones they could have picked from that night. I googled Nastia the other night and found one I really, really liked (not from the Olympics, I think).

1152927213_c1b85f5d66.jpg

I think the amazing thing about this picture is how HIGH she is, and how graceful she looks even at that height.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I think the amazing thing about this picture is how HIGH she is, and how graceful she looks even at that height.
It's the stuff dreams are made of. *sigh*...Gold medal dreams.

Usain Bolt decimated the field in the Men's track 100m final. He was 2 to 3 meters ahead at the line. I don't know if they've done the 200m yet, but he either won it or he's going to.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He was awesome! The commentators were *so* disappointed that he didn't seem to run as fast as he could've though (he slowed down to check on the others/start celebrating in the last 15 meters or so). But give him a break! He won the gold medal by a huge margin and still broke the world record! (I think the previous one was by him too.)

Jamaica took the women's 100 m dash too.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Team GB finally punching above their weight. For a little country, we rock. Especially at all the posh sports like sailing :)