• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTERSTELLAR

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I've never cried more at any movie in my whole life. I have literally continued to cry all over again every time I think about that movie, and I saw it a week ago. The idea of leaving behind your loved ones to pursue your passions... hit a little too close to home.

I literally cried myself sick. I couldn't get out of bed the next day.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I felt that too, just as I did in Contact when Arroway is taking that slow walk to the sphere and drinking in her surroundings for the last time, not knowing if she'd ever be back.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Typical time traveler paradox. We may as well as just throw out all time travel shows. And why didn't Harry Potter use his time travel magic ability in the next novel? Isn't that in itself a plot hole?

Okay okay i love it.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Had fun watching it. A movie that catches my interest for 2.5-3h is certainly impressive.

The scientific aspect seemed very far-fetched (I'll leave that to the experts), but within the movie, it made sense. It remained consistent.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Neil deGrasse Tyson has some thoughts on 'Interstellar' | Inside Movies | EW.com

tyson.png

Awesome.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The book by Thorne is actually pretty helpful. I need to finish it and study it more thoroughly, but a lot of the "public conception" of how the science works and the bitching you typically have seen on forums and chatrooms is actually not accurate; the nuances make a difference. Also, Thorne highlights in places where he provided input that Nolan did not heed based more on creative grounds.... so there ARE some things that are "wrong" but it was a conscious choice by Nolan to create more dramatic arc.

yeghor

The wormhole/event horizon/time dilation blah blah blah ... yeah, my high school physics textbooks already went there and so did all the Asimov books I used to read as a teen. I wonder why they haven't made the Foundation books into films yet. Those would actually be worth it.

(Hey Senza)

Reviving Old thread.

Did not know where to put this trailer for the Foundation tv series, so here it is:

PS: Entire toolbar in my reply window went missing. Is that the same for you?