• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reminisce about Camus' Stranger

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
It was Solomon. And yeah, the thief had responded in guilt. I think her desire was to at least share the child, not to actually kill him. But Love > death. And Solomon saw that.

Yes, that's it. :) Thanks for the reminder.

Solomon is set right psychological trap. Wise solution.

So, now should appear another YUI, so that he can lecture us how topic further separated from Camus and The Stranger, and how Solomon had nothing to do with it.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, that's it. :) Thanks for the reminder.

Solomon is set right psychological trap. Wise solution.

So, now should appear another YUI, so that he can lecture us how topic further separated from Camus and The Stranger, and how Solomon had nothing to do with it.

The connection was the concept of meaninglessness. :yes: And love's greatness. It would be disappointing to have someone miss that.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
The connection was the concept of meaninglessness. :yes: And love's greatness. It would be disappointing to have someone miss that.

This is the essence of my entire story. Entire thread. :)

That's why I set one against the other, seemingly opposing, yet relatives - Mersault and Raskolnikov because the solution of schism (name Raskolnikov in Russian just means schism) is the same.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Maybe I am just Raskolnikov (I have not killed the old woman), and Mersault. And maybe I'm looking through this topic exit from

Schism, and exit from the absurd. Love is there, but sometimes it is not so convincing.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That is why I believe God is always the answer.

Because God IS Love.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe I am just Raskolnikov (I have not killed the old woman), and Mersault. And maybe I'm looking through this topic exit from

Schism, and exit from the absurd. Love is there, but sometimes it is not so convincing.

"Without you.... it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces" LOVE

BTW, I used to love tool! Maynard is an amazing performer. (Did you know that guy has a PhD?) Too bad though; if silence "atrophies compassion", the compassion was either never there, or someone's lying through their inactions. Love is more powerful than this.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
"Without you.... it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces" LOVE

BTW, I used to love tool! Maynard is an amazing performer. (Did you know that guy has a PhD?) Too bad though; if silence "atrophies compassion", the compassion was either never there, or someone's lying through their inactions. Love is more powerful than this.

I knew he was very knowledgeable, but I didn't know he had a PhD. Tool has good stuff. Like, let's say, that. I'm not some obsessive fan, but they have top quality stuff.

Yes, silence is often a sign of fear, and perplexity. Schism, we said. ;)

It's funny how we are most scared of love.

Very inspiring conversations, though.

*put your hands up 4 Portland*

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I knew he was very knowledgeable, but I didn't know he had a PhD. The Tool has good stuff. Like, let's say, that. I'm not some obsessive fan, but they have top quality stuff.

Yes, silence is often a sign of fear, and, perplexity. Schism, we said. ;)

It's funny how we are most afraid of love.

Very inspiring conversations, though.

*put your hand up for Portland*

Wait, who said *I* am afraid of LOVE?! I've just become adept at dodging --even calling out-- the counterfeit, maybe. And I disagree that silence is a sign of fear, at least from me. Have you ever sat in a cone of silence? Seriously, there's one here in Portland. (For you Portlanders that I know are on here, it's in the GearHead building on First Ave) The owner's wife was supposedly ticked off at him for his frivolous million purchase. But it's there. And the engineers are trying to perfect it's temperature without harming its silence. The point is, only absolute death is silent. Even after the body dies, animate occurrences are still happening to that body. When you sit in the cone, you literally hear the blood rushing through your ears, your beating heart, I swear I heard my arm move (the one that was broken). The double hitter big point, especially for those trying to understand an INFJ at least (<<Now THAT's off topic), silence does not equal fear. It's introverted thinking. It gets complicated with the intuition reigning. But it is not fear.

Last edited:

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Wait, who said *I* am afraid of LOVE?! I've just become adept at dodging --even calling out-- the counterfeit, maybe. And I disagree that silence is a sign of fear, at least from me. Have you ever sat in a cone of silence? Seriously, there's one here in Portland. (For you Portlanders that I know are on here, it's in the GearHead building on First Ave) The owner's wife was supposedly ticked off at him for his frivolous million purchase. But it's there. And the engineers are trying to perfect it's temperature without harming its silence. The point is, only absolute death is silent. Even after the body dies, animate occurrences are still happening to that body. When you sit in the cone, you literally hear the blood rushing through your ears, your beating heart, I swear I heard my arm move (the one that was broken). The double hitter big point, especially for those trying to understand an INFJ at least (<<Now THAT's off topic), silence does not equal fear. It's introverted thinking. It gets complicated with the intuition reigning. But it is not fear.

I didn't understand you well. There are always two sides of the coin. I thought you were against silence. I have read that way. It can be interpreted in two ways. Silence is a sign of fear or silence is the greatest blessing. I think it's due to personality. At first I figured you tought silence is great, and then took a reverse stance and tought you are aginst silence. So, no big deal.

It's not off topic. I found INFJs amazing. Smartest girlz around. And, I like INFPs, sweetest around. I tought no one would understand me. Then I realized that there are INFJs who understand completely. And, there are INFPs who empathize silently. Cool.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't understand you well. There are always two sides of the coin. I thought you were against silence. I have read that way. It can be interpreted in two ways. Silence is a sign of fear or silence is the greatest blessing. I think it's due to personality. At first I figured you tought silence is great, and then took a reverse stance and tought you are aginst silence. So, no big deal.

This is what I think about silence regarding the matter: "if silence "atrophies compassion", the compassion was either never there, or someone's lying through their inactions. Love is more powerful than this." There is always something internal, and it is far from silent. This is where the intuition becomes powerful.

Circles. They say perfect circles do not exist in nature. (Apparently, there's a circle drawing contest every year! Da Vinci is thought to be the only person to have ever drawn one, once, in his illustration of the Virtruvian Man--Ironic) It exists in math... and I argue, it is love. There are no sides. It is complete. It is our existential schisms that keep us from seeing it for the fullness that it is. (And our narcissism that misdirects us from finding it)

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
This is what I think about silence regarding the matter: "if silence "atrophies compassion", the compassion was either never there, or someone's lying through their inactions. Love is more powerful than this." There is always something internal, and it is far from silent. This is where the intuition becomes powerful.

Circles. They say perfect circles do not exist in nature. (Apparently, there's a circle drawing contest every year! Da Vinci is thought to be the only person to have ever drawn one, once, in his illustration of the Virtruvian Man--Ironic) It exists in math... and I argue, it is love. There are no sides. It is complete. It is our existential schisms that keep us from seeing it for the fullness that it is. (And our narcissism that misdirects us from finding it)

Eh, yes. Ego is the problem. I am currently in the phase of a major life transformation, and this phase lasts only a lifetime, weird. It turns out, life is transformation. But from what to what. To psychiatric clinic or to the everlasting balanace, don't know. Maybe both. Maybe neither. Tc, Tc.

There's no perfect circle, 'cause there is always certain degree, certain straight line, so, even abstractly, If you try to imagine or draw a circle, you get to the spot.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, yes. Ego is the problem. I am currently in the phase of a major life transformation, and this phase lasts only a lifetime, weird. It turns out, life is transformation. But from what to what. To psychiatric clinic or to the everlasting balanace, don't know. Maybe both. Maybe neither. Tc, Tc.

There's no perfect circle, 'cause there is always certain degree, certain straight line, so, even abstractly, If you try to imagine or draw a circle, you get to the spot.

MATH! love. Ego... I think I'll have a beer. Ciao~

images

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's about so much more than that. Also think about the questionable morality of the people surrounding him. It's pretty much a commentary on the general awfulness of people. I read it in high school and again in college, and in college I wrote a paper on the ethics of that novel, and made an A for the semester despite missing about 1/3 of the class.

I don't relate to Mersault. I have the ability to read literature and watch film without having to like or identify with any of the characters but am able to still identify in them the dynamics of the human condition.