• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Blacklist

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just watched the pilot last night.

I didn't really like the first ten minutes, and when the lead girl admitted to her superiors that she was a "bitch," I almost turned it off because she seemed more like a wet floppy noodle at that point (great, another wannabe female hardass who is anything but, and she's also very pretty... such contrivance)... but I stuck it out and suddenly things got a lot better. She actually DID get far tougher/colder/bitchy in the detached way, and the story got more interesting.

Dramatically, yeah, it did remind me of Person of Interest, somewhere between a procedural and an action-drama, with a pretty even tone (unlike Lost, which had huge dramatic rises and falls). Like Johnny says, I'm not sure if it's "believable" so far, but the actual events seems interesting. Even the fight on the bridge (which I saw coming) seemed pretty ruthless for a regular TV show, and then of course there's a nice little cliffhanger in regards to her hubby.

IOW, I'll give this a shot. Plus, James Spader is just good regardless... although my mental image will always be the young kid with all the hair and smooth features and attitude (although I guess bald is better than the Annette Benning haircut). I recognize his eyes here, and the voice; it's just funny seeing how we all age.

Yayyyy!!!!

yeah the pilot wasn't off to a good start for me. I normally am not attracted to "action" TV shows like CSI or whatever, but this one seemed unique and while it has overblown stories (intentionally) it has enough depth for my attention.

I appreciate shows that are hyper realistic AND they more or less claim to be. Once the characters grow on you, it gets even better. And like a few other shows, some of the minor characters are explored more in depth with surprisingly good results.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ohhhh man. I confess, I'm kind of addicted to The Blacklist. It's got its weaknesses, but it's worth watching solely because of James Spader. That guy is mesmerizing, especially as Reddington. Have you noticed the way his head NEVER stops moving when he's talking? Sometimes it can be quite distracting, but it definitely makes his character stand out. Come to think of it, there should be a Blacklist drinking game. One shot for every time Red turns his head on his side, or responds to a question with a ridiculous anecdote. You'd be plastered within five minutes.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ohhhh man. I confess, I'm kind of addicted to The Blacklist. It's got its weaknesses, but it's worth watching solely because of James Spader. That guy is mesmerizing, especially as Reddington. Have you noticed the way his head NEVER stops moving when he's talking? Sometimes it can be quite distracting, but it definitely makes his character stand out. Come to think of it, there should be a Blacklist drinking game. One shot for every time Red turns his head on his side, or responds to a question with a ridiculous anecdote. You'd be plastered within five minutes.

Sounds like a plan. Episode 2 tonight. Bwa ha haha. I'd drink my bottle of Fireball Whiskey but I heard they put antifreeze in it; I don't know if that's true.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds like a plan. Episode 2 tonight. Bwa ha haha. I'd drink my bottle of Fireball Whiskey but I heard they put antifreeze in it; I don't know if that's true.

Probably. Adds that extra kick. Actually there isn't much of a kick, that's why it's so dangerous, crazy time wise.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This show is getting so damned frustrating. Every new "revelation" just leads to more questions. And every frigging episode ends on a cliffhanger. I wish I could stop watching it, but I have to know what happens. I hope the writers aren't just pulling a LOST thing and making it up as they go.

Also, I just have to say I find it a bit ridiculous that almost every target on the blacklist goes by a one-word alias. On practically every episode, Reddington is like, "No one knows his real name. His associates call him the Stewmaker/the Alchemist/the Judge." What are they, Batman villains?