• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ARGHHHH! Fallout: New Vegas

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel bad about having to kill off the Brotherhood of Steel. Their leader is an INTJ with a very cool-headed and intellectual mentality about him. They survive in bunkers with little contact with the outside world. Many of the inhabitants have never been outside the cold steel walls of the bunker. I gained their trust and now I have to destroy them in order to please Mr. House.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel bad about having to kill off the Brotherhood of Steel. Their leader is an INTJ with a very cool-headed and intellectual mentality about him. They survive in bunkers with little contact with the outside world. Many of the inhabitants have never been outside the cold steel walls of the bunker. I gained their trust and now I have to destroy them in order to please Mr. House.

I don't like destroying the brotherhood either but I don't really like McNamara. I always sympathize with Veronica (who is my favorite character in the game).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like destroying the brotherhood either but I don't really like McNamara. I always sympathize with Veronica (who is my favorite character in the game).

I don't mind McNamara. He's just very religious in his own secretive, cult-like way. They aren't hurting anybody. Mr. House says the Brotherhood's problem is thinking they own all pre-war technology. Is that a crime? If not, then how are they standing in the way of his goals?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I beat this game today by playing along with Mr. House. I've been going back in time to play other quests, acquire a Fat Man, and do whatever other things come up. I'd also like to kill Mr. House again (for about the 3rd time I think) and play along with the Yes Man.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I beat this game today by playing along with Mr. House. I've been going back in time to play other quests, acquire a Fat Man, and do whatever other things come up. I'd also like to kill Mr. House again (for about the 3rd time I think) and play along with the Yes Man.

I like Yes Man.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sierra Madre - The Fallout wiki - Fallout 4 and more - Wikia

The Sierra Madre (Dead Money) add on is turning out to be more formidable than I expected even with my increased personal gaming powers. (I sometimes feel like I must have taken some Mentats during the last year some time.) I noticed one poor crybaby online was whining because the hologram security guards in that add on can't be killed. Well too fucking bad, they can be avoided easily enough. I played many games back in the day (Metroid comes to mind at the moment) where it was impossible to kill some enemies so the game forced us to duck and dodge them. It was just part of the game. If you can't figure out to duck and dodge the holographic security guards then you should stop playing this game and find something easier for you to grasp. I mean, there are plenty of open rooms to duck into and the doors even close, preventing the guard from entering. Once the guard passes by, you exit the room and sprint for the end of the hallway where the guard can't catch you. It's easy to see when the guard has passed by because of the little red bar on your screen which depicts an opponent in the game and its movements.

Yes, I realize I'm giving advice to some whiner who probably posted his online complaint years ago.

Toward the end of the Sierra Madre add on, after dealing with Dean Domino, there is a very difficult quest which involves fighting a lot of tough enemies and sprinting through poisonous fog which kills your guy very quickly.

By the way, the quickest way to deal with Dean Domino at the end of the "Strike up the Band" quest is to threaten to break his legs and leave him there helpless. (He will say, "You wouldn't dare do that! Yes, yes you would. I would.") He will then give up very quickly and will do whatever you say. Otherwise, he'll out-talk you and you'll be forced to compromise, which will cost you playing time.

After Dean Domino ("Strike up the Band") comes that very difficult level with masses of tough enemies and poisonous fog vapor that kills you quickly. I've been beating my head against that wall all day long. Because after weaving through the fog, which is unavoidable, my character is left with only a few life bars and a lot of enemies on the course ahead.

So I took a break from the game and let my Mentats kick in. I then realized my mistake, although the answer could not have been predicted.

The answer is to retain Dean Domino because, as a companion, he has the ability to neutralize the poisonous fog for a short time, and is very good at killing. So now that I learned where I have to go after failing so many times, I will jump back a couple memory slots and reacquire Dean Domino. Then instead of finishing the quest I will use him to clear out enemies for the quest to come. Then I will finish the quest with Dean Domino, after which I will only have the poisonous fog to deal with.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This plan probably won't work. Because in order to move to the next area of the game for the next quest it is necessary to finish the previous quest, which means giving up Dean Domino. In that case I'll probably have to go back farther in the game and retain one of the other two companions. If that doesn't work, then I'll give up.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The plan worked like a charm. But in the long run I still had to give up my companion in order to finish the quest. Now I have a bazillion tough baddies to fight through. That's not fair.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I finally stopped playing the game about an hour ago. But I was beginning to see the wisdom in how this particular quest was designed. Yes it's difficult to fight through these "ghost trappers" and other whatevers bouncing around, chucking spears and being difficult as hell to kill. They also have a tendency of coming back to life to attack once again, like the villain in horror movies. So it's necessary to double-check and make sure each baddie really is dead.

But as I fought through the same map over and over again, I began to see that the map itself has designed into it little things to help the player along. In clever little inconspicuous places along the winding route there are ways to regain health points quickly. And it is possible to use the lay of the city against the enemy. There are plenty of large columns to hide behind and attack from. But I've also noticed some propitiously placed stairways which give my character the advantage of the high ground, and which are also narrow enough to restrict multiple attackers from coming up at me at the same time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^ I fought my way through, saving memory slots at every accomplishment so I wouldn't have to start back at the beginning again. In the end, I simply ran past the remaining baddies and made it.

Now the game is giving me like 30 seconds to figure out something. If I don't figure it out in 30 seconds, my character's head explodes.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I beat the frickin' "Sierra Madre Grand Opening!" (they should call it the exploding head) add-on just a while ago.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION], if you're out there, I beat the game again playing it Yes Man's way.

Now it's time to play it the Legion's way. Nuking new vegas sounds like fun.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't nuke New Vegas, but I did just conquer the NCR at Hoover Dam using Caesar as my ally. I thought there was an ending in which New Vegas gets nuked, but I don't see it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the game was rushed, so they never go to do 100% of what they wanted for the ending. That's why some faction endings feel kind of incomplete or quick.

Something I know will never happen but would love to see is an actual remastered New Vegas with the original devs returning to complete certain intended storylines and quests that were left out of the original release. I want to see the roleplaying and characters of New Vegas, but with some of the gameplay mechanics and physics updated to the quality of Fallout 4 and 76. I wouldn't mind settlement building being added into New Vegas, I mean imagine how nice it would be to improve certain locations and towns of the Mojave