• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies & Shows everyone seems to love so much and you can't understand why!

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yes! Thats one of the things I like best about these shows, why alliances form, and what makes some people stick to them and others switch sides. I love how there is no clear cut way to win the game, there are many different ways to play and win the game. Its interesting to see how players come up with their strategies, and seeing how subtly people can alienate themselves from the group. Its funny because generally there are only one or two really strong players per season, but its not always those players who win. Its like a little sped up allegory of real life! Although you might be born with strengths to help you succeed, sometimes things arent fair and things conspire against you. Anyways...

I've seen the apprentice as well, and I like it for some of the same main reasons I mentioned above. I Survivor a bit more because I feel like it goes more in depth into the experience and strategies of the players.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Have never really watched many reality shows, although I was a fan of the first few seasons of The Apprentice, mainly for the same reasons. (And did watch the first season of Survivor.)

It was interesting to me to examine the personalities of the characters and speculate on which were more capable of leveraging their own capabilities, deal with random factors and undermining from other players and then intersecting best with Trump's psychology, in order to achieve victory. But the show became too capricious and Trump a little too predictable.

Try the British version. It's got less OMG and more subtlety.

I watched loads of this whilst looking for work. It was a wonderful morale boost as if that was the best and the brightest then I was the next Branson! Anyhow I've tried the American flavour and immediately switched off. If I wanted to see what sharks do when someone bleed then there's a nature program which covers it with much more grace.

Enygmatic

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Movies:
Pitch Perfect - This was painful to watch for me, the singing was well done and the people can act but those are the only positives I can give. The comedy was either disturbing or annoying, the lines fell flat, the story was boring and I didn't relate to the characters at all.

Frozen - It had catchy music (and one great song), dealt with some complicated emotions effectively, had gorgeous animation and a good message. However I think the story is basic and the characters are rather archetypal (e.g. Anna is the bubbly one and Elsa is the collected introvert).

Series:
The Musketeers - I wanted the villains to win and kill all of the musketeers each and every episode. Every time a villain died I spent 30 minutes to an hour ranting about how angry I was that they killed off such tragic characters and keep the douchbag heroes alive and the stupid heroines always survive because of course pretty ladies can't die. (e.g villain's family dies due to lack of food and water due to stupid king, king held prisoner, king apologizes for mistake, villain dies, the king changes nothing and heroes walk off into the sunset having learnt NOTHING). Ironically if the villains were poorly written I probably wouldn't hate the show so much but as they are written so sympathetically, why not make the heroes care about them instead of making them soulless killers that I couldn't give two defecations about because they killed my favourite characters!?
:mad:

Inbetweeners - Though it captures British culture well, the humour is too dirty and sometimes very predictable, the characters are a little unlikable by them being so desperate and shallow and the plots are quite boring to me.

Friends/ How I met your mother - I don't hate it (e.g. likeable characters, well acted...) I just don't get the humour.

Keeping up the Kardashians - Pretty self explanatory.

This felt really good as a 9 to let off some steam so thanks for making this thread.

yeghor

It's come full circle.

2001 Space Oddysey
Squid game (would prefer the movie Battle Royale over this)
Nolan's Batman movies
Big Bang Theory
Eraserhead
Mulholland Drive
Stalker

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Glad to see someone mention Stalker.
Planning to rewatch Garland's "Annihilation" and then "Stalker" together at some point in the near future, it seems really clear that Annihilation was channeling a lot of Stalker vibes.