• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

THE BOSS [Board Game]

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In contrast to what some may think in this world of online video gaming, board games have not lost an ounce of popularity, and in fact interest seems to be growing. It may be a counter-cultural response to the social separateness caused by video gaming, where you may never face your opponent, in households where everybody has a screen that they are solely looking at.

In my household, my wife decided that it would be a good idea to buy some board games that we can all be interested in at the same time. There's me, my wife, my 11-year-old and 22-year-old step-daughters. Games like Monopoly and Sorry! didn't work out very well for some reason.

So I became interested in locating a game that I played a few times as a 10-year-old. I couldn't remember the name exactly, so I had to do some research and eventually came up with the name: The Boss. Vintage 1972 The Boss Board Game Ideal Toy Corp | eBay

A few years ago I found one at an Ebay store and bought it for $10. My step-kids just can't get over it. We didn't play it for a year and a half, because moving always disrupts things like that, it seems. So today for the first time in ages we played it together, and it was a blast for them. My step-girls are ESFJ and ESFP, and it's just a constant rattle of talking and giggling from them while I'm trying to concentrate on winning the game.

The game appears like many board games, with squares around the board leading into a center position (kind of like Trivial Pursuit). The first player to the center square becomes The Boss and wins the game. Each of the 8 squares has a desk and 3 chairs in it, each chair representing a position for a player. If you are playing with 4 players, and 3 players are occupying one office, then the fourth player might become stymied by the obstacle of lacking a fourth chair for a while. The 9th square, the boss position, is not an office per se, but a beautiful HUGE DOOR with a red carpet leading to it, that is closed so you can't see inside of the fabulous office that the boss gets to work in and smoke cigars in.

There are 3 ways of winning this game. 1. Make your way to the center square, 2. own more than 50% of the company, or 3. run out of FATE cards and then count your points (money, stock, and executive cards).

I don't know why, but my step-kids just get a huge thrill out of this game that looks really boring on the face of it.

Oh by the way, I won today's match. And it's not like I had really dreamed of winning since I was behind for most of the game. But then when it was my turn, I looked down at my cards, looked at the rules, and then stated, "Hey, I just won." I moved my piece to the center square to the chorus of a very loud "OHHHHHHHH!!!!" from both my step-kids. LOL. Then they declared a re-match.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Risk > The Boss