• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Final 24" TV Show

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ended up watching a show net to Netflix called "Final 24" which explores the last 24 hours of a number of dead celebrities' lives. I think there's 14 episodes on there, and so far I've watched SId Vicious, John Belushi, River Phoenix, John F. Kennedy Jr, and Nicole Simpson.

I find it pretty interesting, although I do take it as a typical bio/news story and not all the information is necessarily perfectly accurate... it's always good to triangulate when you can. (For example, they actually had a detective claim that Sid Vicious' mom gave him the final heroin injection on the night he died, in order to kill him, and the story is now unconfirmable because SHE died from an OD in 1996; but it's not really clear that that's true.) Anyway, since I was actually alive during the events I've seen so far (but often just rather young), I've heard of these people / knew SOMETHING about them, but not necessarily all the details and impact of the celebrity. In that regard, Sid Vicious was the most interesting to me.

What's really sad is that many of them seem to have died from drugs. Both Vicious and Phoenix likely died accidentally because they had been off the stuff (Vicious, in jail; Phoenix, to film Dark Blood) and then probably overdosed based on their old tolerance levels, while Belushi likely had already been shooting for awhile due to all the tracks/injection sites and his body finally just gave out from the toxic effects of speedballing. And skimming through the other celebrities in the list... yeah, looks like a number of those remainder were also wrestling with drug issues.

The saddest thing about Phoenix is that he was only 23 years old, and as the oldest child he was essentially supportive his entire family (siblings and parents) with his career, yet what he wanted to do most was music. He probably got into drugs when immersing himself for his role as a rentboy in "My Own Private Idaho" since he was actually hanging on the street with other kids in the trade. He was clean pretty much through the filming of "Dark Blood" until maybe the last day of filming he ever did, he had a terrible experience with his co-star, and he was supposed to jam out with Flea (one of his best friends) onstage at The Viper Room while his brother and sister and friends hung out with him. But he ended up not making the cut, with Johnny Depp's band coming on, and so he ended up spontaneously doing a speedball in the bathroom that killed him within the hour. They played the actual 911 call (dubbed atop the reenactment on-screen) from a nearby payphone; and it was pretty horrific to recognize the voice of a young Joaquin Phoenix freaking out because his big brother was dying before his eyes.

I've read a lot about the OJ Simpson case over the years, and of course I was old enough at the time to be totally aware of it -- I even remember where I was when the verdict was released [sitting in a hospital room in Waynesboro, PA, visiting Oberon and his wife after the birth of their second child]. Watching the episode brought back lots of weird feelings, as I'm sure many of us have... and no doubt it's even still a thorny situation to talk about due to the racial aspects and how public opinion lined up, and thus likely to be the topic of this thread out of all of them, lol, if a discussion starts. The episode here pretty much assumes (by how it tracks events) that Simpson is guilty of the crime and focuses on Nicole and those who knew her, the events of her day, and the domestic abuse she suffered at the hands of OJ.

[if you care, I do believe Simpson did it just from his behavior within the few days following the crime; and from the psychological profile of the perpetrator based on the crime itself, it would be far more shocking if he didn't do it -- and I couldn't care less what his color was. Statistically, it's also very likely, despite what Dershowitz claimed at trial -- he might have been answering the wrong question, but the unsophisticated jury bought it. In fact, I think the Defense team far outshone the Prosecution in terms of knowing how to appeal to the jury... which is why they won.]

Anyway, it's kind of an interesting show since even if not a ton happens on the last day of someone's life, they fill in that space with a lot of backstory to explain how the person got to that moment in their life... and it's a constant reminder that you JUST DON'T KNOW. These people did have preventable deaths, but theoretically you still do not know when the last 24 hours of your life is.... so make every day the best that you can make it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, I also noticed this:

Sid Vicious
sid-vicious_38164.jpg

Jerry Trainor (from iCarly)
Trainor04.jpg