• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trailer for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince..."

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's the trailer for the 6th Harry Potter film.

I must say that this trailer is very unique for a Potter film and very cleverly done. I look forward to this one.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Interesting trailer. I'm looking forward to seeing the film.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love the way the trailer isn't even about Harry. It's sort of unique that way.

And Steven Kloves is writing the screenplay again, so it shouldn't be as lame as the last film.

MBTI Type
INxJ
On my must see list. This is the single film series that I will actually see in a theater, while willingly sitting uncomfortably next to other people.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It does look interesting, but I know it's going to make me angry, especially considering some of the rumoured "improvements" they've made to the storyline. Young Tom Riddle, however, looks delightfully creepy.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I agree - I liked the trailer. Lil'Tom was pretty creepy... sort of like a creepier, dark-haired British Haley Joel Osment (when he was younger). Hopefully they'll do a good job with this one - I tend to like the earlier movies better, simply as they followed the books more closely (largely as they were short enough to not require butchering to fit into 2 hours). Looking forward to it :).

sassafrassquatch

Looks interesting, never been into Harry Potter though. The trailer failed to make me pee a little.

Edit: Because I'm that bored...

sasquatch-trailer-rating-guide.jpg

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Looks interesting, never been into Harry Potter though. The trailer failed to make me pee a little.

Edit: Because I'm that bored...

sasquatch-trailer-rating-guide.jpg

Lol! Nice. :D

I really like this trailer as well, and this is the first Harry Potter film that I'm actually really intrigued to see!

kelric said:
Hopefully they'll do a good job with this one - I tend to like the earlier movies better, simply as they followed the books more closely (largely as they were short enough to not require butchering to fit into 2 hours).

I'm the EXACT same way, and I'm relieved to find someone like me. I liked the first movies a lot more, because they followed the storyline much better and just seemed to capture the essence and magic of the Harry Potter world so much better. For some reason, the movies following the first two just didn't capture me nearly as much. You have a point when you say that they just didn't have the time to include everything from the later books because those are a lot longer than the first three. On the other hand, it upsets me that the third movie could have been done much better, because it wasn't a terribly long book and because it's one of my absolute favorite books. It wasn't done well, though! Man! :doh: It's like, jeez, you jerks. I'm more forgiving of the fourth movie, but the third just rouses my chagrin.

But I'm raring to go for this movie. The trailer is really intriguing. :)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I understand Quidditch will return in this film.

I didn't read the book all the way through (my attention span isn't long enough), were there any new magical creatures featured in Book 6 that would be CG in the movie?

Ellpell

MBTI Type
INFP
It does look interesting, but I know it's going to make me angry, especially considering some of the rumoured "improvements" they've made to the storyline.

What are the rumors?(worried!)
The films tend to piss me off, they've mostly missed all the wonderful-ness of the books, and I just end up shouting at it for not including this and that. (But as kelric said, they're too long for a two hour movie.), so I try to ignore them. I've seen them all, but not on the premier day, and I don't follow the pre-stuff.
I should add that I'm absolutely addicted to the books. They pretty much saved my childhood/early teen, a perfect place to retreat to when real life isn't all that good.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What are the rumors?(worried!)
The films tend to piss me off, they've mostly missed all the wonderful-ness of the books, and I just end up shouting at it for not including this and that. (But as kelric said, they're too long for a two hour movie.), so I try to ignore them. I've seen them all, but not on the premier day, and I don't follow the pre-stuff.
I should add that I'm absolutely addicted to the books. They pretty much saved my childhood/early teen, a perfect place to retreat to when real life isn't all that good.
Heh, same here. What's really irritating is when they cut stuff out so they can add in other stuff that wasn't in the books to begin with.

Anyways, I've heard that Bill and Fleur aren't cast at all, which makes me assume that the storyline's taken out, and considering that I've heard the wedding isn't happening for the seventh movie, it seems likely. Too early to tell, though. They're also apparently not bothering to include a certain person's funeral at the end, which is what I'm unhappy about. I haven't heard much else, though hopefully the rest of the storyline's intact.

Ellpell

MBTI Type
INFP
They're also apparently not bothering to include a certain person's funeral at the end, which is what I'm unhappy about.

WHAT? :ng_mad: That's absolutely ridiculously stupid. If they end up not including it, I might just smack someone.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
WHAT? :ng_mad: That's absolutely ridiculously stupid. If they end up not including it, I might just smack someone.

I know. I honestly don't understand why J. K. Rowling is prepared to sign off on all this crap.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
This movie definitely has a lot of potential!
I hope they make the movie at least three hours long- too much good stuff has been taken out in the others!

Ellpell

MBTI Type
INFP
I wonder when it will come to Europe....

Germany 20 November 2008
Norway 21 November 2008
UK 21 November 2008
USA 21 November 2008

Australia 11 December 2008 (I feel so bad for Australia, they're always left behind. Vidoe games, movies ... They have kangaroos though.)

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
This movie definitely has a lot of potential!
I hope they make the movie at least three hours long- too much good stuff has been taken out in the others!

I'm not sure about the sixth, but the fact that the seventh film has been split into two films, while somewhat inconvenient, shows some commitment to the material, hopefully.