• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2014 FIFA World Cup

xisnotx

Permabanned
penalties don't count.

when i grew up playing fifa, if it was a draw and we went to penalties, we simply restarted the match. winning on penalties didn't count to us. and it still doesn't.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, why is Hulk so bulky/masculine? I don't see why he needs all those muscles to be a football player.
Lower body strength is useful for power kicks. Roberto Carlos was big on that. Not only it was hard for the goalkeeper to see the ball coming, guys who formed a wall tended to be scared of his reputation... Some even moved out of the way, haha.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Also, why is Hulk so bulky/masculine? I don't see why he needs all those muscles to be a football player.

Just his naturaly body type I reckon, I've always seen him being like that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have no fingernails left.

I felt bad for Chile. They played so well.

Because he's the Hulk :shrug: :D

But how good was that goal by James Rodriguez in Colombia vs. Uruguay? Incredible! :shock: He's now the lead goal scorer.

858510292.gif

Insane goal, loved it as well, perfectly fits your avatar :)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Phew! That was close! *whipes sweat off forehead*

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No easy matches in this Cup!

Pause for a bad pun.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm for my neighbour country tonight, but from what I've seen so far, I think it can go either way. Belgium has some pretty good players but so far their games havent been all that amazing. I think USA plays a little bit more consistent.

edit: Though watching the game so far, USA isnt chasing the ball enough and are allowing the belgians to play way too much and way too close to their own goal. So far it looks in favor of the belgians. :p

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ehhh...go belgium? *tries out this patriotic thing*

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I think belgium is probably the least patriotic country in the world. Normally I'd applaud such behaviour if it wasn't completely grounded. :p

Well, I should not scrutinize belgium too much though. Whilest I absolutely hate Brussel. I think Antwerpen is great and I've enjoyed traveling through the ardennes. Brugge and Gent are a bit too old for my taste though. Well, I've had fun in Brugge at least, but it did involve a lot of beer and a couple of Kwakje's and my life's experiences at the time didn't count for much. :p

edit: The ball needs to go in the goal belgians, not the players. xD

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think belgium is probably the least patriotic country in the world. Normally I'd applaud such behaviour if it wasn't completely grounded. :p

Well, I should not scrutinize belgium too much though. Whilest I absolutely hate Brussel. I think Antwerpen is great and I've enjoyed traveling through the ardennes. Brugge and Gent are a bit too old for my taste though. Well, I've had fun in Brugge at least, but it did involve a lot of beer and a couple of Kwakje's and my life's experiences at the time didn't count for much. :p

edit: The ball needs to go in the goal belgians, not the players. xD

ANTWERP RULEZ!

(see, we do go patriotic for our hometowns :D)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ANTWERP RULEZ!

(see, we do go patriotic for our hometowns :D)

You say that but to the people from Brussels as well? I mean, everytime I go to Brussels (And I go there a lot for work), I only every see chagrined faces. It's like the whole city is one big depression sometimes. :p

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

My brother now lives in Gent. I got him the Xenophobe's Guide To The Belgians for Christmas and one of the few things I remember from the book is that it said that the Belgians are almost ostentatiously unpatriotic. If they are anything like their neighbors the Germans, they are secretly proud of how un-proud they are :D

That being said, while I have nothing against Belgium , I'm rooting for the US, it would be fun to see them advance and really get into the game (part of the secret plan to europanize them and then take over their country and turn it into a Soviet republic, Ann Coulter was right after all)

PS: He absolutely loves it there (Gent that is)!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My brother now lives in Gent. I got him the Xenophobe's Guide To The Belgians for Christmas and one of the few things I remember from the book is that it said that the Belgians are almost ostentatiously unpatriotic. If they are anything like their neighbors the Germans, they are secretly proud of how un-proud they are :D

That being said, while I have nothing against Belgium , I'm rooting for the US, it would be fun to see them advance and really get into the game (part of the secret plan to europanize them and then take over their country and turn it into a Soviet republic, Ann Coulter was right after all)

PS: He absolutely loves it there (Gent that is)!

The belgians have dominated pretty much most of the game so far, but the ball has to end up in the goal or that doesn't matter, so who knows. Even now it can still go either way.

But I think the belgians deserve it more for this game. The americans havent been chasing the ball much at all and have been entirely dependant on trying to counter. Counters which haven't been particularly strong either.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You say that but to the people from Brussels as well? I mean, everytime I go to Brussels (And I go there a lot for work), I only every see chagrined faces. It's like the whole city is one big depression sometimes. :p

Don't forget that Brussels is...complicated. It's a flemish city turned walloon turned Brusselois turned international capital of the EU coz we are a tiny country that happens to be in the centre of Europe, buffering the big dicks of France, The Netherlands, Germany and the UK. Most of them have the rep of being arrogant Brusselois though, so they do have their pride - they're just known for being cynically elitist about it :D

[MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION] : yeahhhhh...I personally pride myself on only knowing the first two sentences of our national anthem :D

Honestly, I find myself rooting for Belgium just because I don't want to get any gloating americans on my doorstep as they know I'm belgian :doh:

Patriotism has nothing to do with it :laugh:

And Gent has an amazing, young, trendy feel to it due to being a student's town, so I can imagine him absolutely loving it. Their cultural heritage is also very much worth checking out :heart: