• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2014 FIFA World Cup

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
So, no one noticed that the opening match yesterday was probably manipulated? That penalty for Brazil was not justified.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Personally I wondered if games could be made more interesting if the team mascot was the only one NOT in a costume. But then again I don't think football teams usually have them.

I also don't really know anything about football. Other than my dad took me to see Walsall play once and I fell asleep after 4 minutes.

Nicodemus

How would you rate him?
Somewhere between 5 and 7 depending on the photo. He seems to have various faces.

Women tend to like Fred a lot too
Not my thing at all.

Height & some muscles help.
Hard thinks so too. I have to disagree.

So, no one noticed that the opening match yesterday was probably manipulated? That penalty for Brazil was not justified.
It might have been. But things like that do happen. And Brazil has won either way.

Daenera

Rogue heart
dZEhcV0.jpg

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You aren't alone. He actually became a meme of sorts here for giving away that penalty. I doubt that though, considering the ref gave away at least 2 undeserved throw-ins to Croatia in the first half.

I like to think that Fred's acting skills paid off. I also have a theory that Japanese people are raised to assume honesty, and that bias played a role in the decision.

Somewhere between 5 and 7 depending on the photo. He seems to have various faces.

Not my thing at all.

Hard thinks so too. I have to disagree.
Dude, you're weird. In a good way. :hug:

Nicodemus

Seriously though, why does everyone seem to hate Spain so much?
I think there are a couple of reasons. As I understand it, Spain has been virtually unbeatable for a number of years now. Football fans around here seem to hate the always-winner (FC Bayern München, Germany's most successful football club, is also its most hated club). Spain's playing style, which is closer to a well-running clock than to the preferred circus of spirited talent, could be another point of criticism. Lastly, most people like the Dutch. The Dutch are pretty cool.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I agree he's attractive, but he would be more so if it wasn't for that dead animal on his head. :dont:

Holland ate Spain alive. How wonderful!
Yay Dutchies! :static:

For the record I'm supporting Ecuador, Columbia, Netherlands (because of good friends from those nations), England (because I feel sorry for them), and (because I got behind them in the game today) Ivory Coast*

My South American friends have also instilled their prejudices in me, so I hope Spain and Argentina lose. :tongue10:

*yes, I like live dangerously and call them this. :cool:

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Standards here tend to be eurocentric. This 2nd team Croatian guy got women crazy:

How would you rate him?

Women tend to like Fred a lot too:

Height & some muscles help.

omg the first one. there's also a hot one in the italian team, forgot his name.... marcusi?

ps. my fave:

xisnotx

Permabanned
ya'll are ridiculous...who cares what they look like? i want trophies! i don't care if they are man beasts...hell, the uglier they are, the better. maybe they'll concentrate on footie more than women. won't be as distracted...

the uglier the guy is, the more he has to work on his footballing skills to get laid..

right? right? ok, wrong. but whatever.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm probably the only dutch person who doesnt care about football (at least feels like that everytime theres a championship around :p )

Suddenly every conversation has to be about football. Guh.

Beorn

Permabanned
ya'll are ridiculous...who cares what they look like? i want trophies! i don't care if they are man beasts...hell, the uglier they are, the better. maybe they'll concentrate on footie more than women. won't be as distracted...

the uglier the guy is, the more he has to work on his footballing skills to get laid..

right? right? ok, wrong. but whatever.

I believe Franck Ribery is your man. Unfortunately he's out with an injury.

Bayern-Munich-v-Hoffenheim-Franck-Ribery-cele_2840558.jpg

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do not want to be Portuguese right now, at least not in this part of the world. Saw two lonely downbeaten fans today in a town filled with chearing drunken German fans.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And Brazil keeps disappointing...

R

Riva

^ true.

Belgium vs algeria was one one the initially most frustrating and eventually rewarding matches i've ever seen in a while.

á´…eparted

passages

I am assuming this is the German team since Angela Merkel is standing in the middle.

Picture is small so it's a bit hard to tell, but some of them are fairly cute. Which is surprising because I have noticed a distinct lack of guy of my type in soccer. Others, no.